Buying cars off crappart :( - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Off Topic Section > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying cars off crappart :(

I am curious if anyone here has the required license to buy a car of copart?

There are several I wouldn't mind trying my luck with but sadly only cars people might actually want to buy require licenses, if its flood damaged then anyone can have it, bleh.

In any event it would cost me roughly the same selling price of the car in fees if I go through a broker (aka double up) and likely would not remotely be worth it.

Anyone want to kick in, I would give you the max I would want to spend and we would need to figure out pick up (I literally would get it anywhere in the us)

Thanx
Ryan
rmay635703 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post

There are several I wouldn't mind trying my luck with but sadly only cars people might actually want to buy require licenses, if its flood damaged then anyone can have it, bleh.

In any event it would cost me roughly the same selling price of the car in fees if I go through a broker (aka double up) and likely would not remotely be worth it.

Anyone want to kick in, I would give you the max I would want to spend and we would need to figure out pick up (I literally would get it anywhere in the us)

Thanx
Ryan
I'm sure the authorized buyer would want a couple grand deposit up front as not to get shafted. Its their name and license on the line and there is NO changing your mind in those types of sales. If you say go, and they bid and win, they will have to pay no matter if there is an perceived issue between the licensed dealer and buyer who seeks the purchase. All sales are final so I don't know anyone willing to put their neck out there without someone having a deposit in their control, if not the entire projected purchase amount.
1K100-PHM-010
37820-PHM-316
MaximumFuelage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumFuelage View Post
I'm sure the authorized buyer would want a couple grand deposit up front as not to get shafted. Its their name and license on the line and there is NO changing your mind in those types of sales.

All sales are final so I don't know anyone willing to put their neck out there without someone having a deposit in their control, if not the entire projected purchase amount.
I fail to understand the problem here, I would only bid what I am willing to pay, I understand full well that a fully functional copart car can be totally inop. Given this, it is VERY likely I won't win the auction, but I have occasionally seen insights sell on copart for a few hundred and others for rather ideotic amounts, my main concern is the distant locations and having someone to pick up the car $$$ if they won't hold it there up to 5 days.

Also Re-read this statement.

Quote:
I would give you the max I would want to spend and we would need to figure out pick up (I literally would get it anywhere in the us)
I many times mean things literally, I would GIVE you the max I want to spend, not tell, give. As such however I would need to verify that whomever it was was either nearby or had a verifyable brick and mortor somewhere in case they just said sure, dont bid and keep the cash.

Peoples good standing and name I usually don't question unless they question mine first or start to talk about theirs. I find politicians talk alot about their good name, I view others who talk similar to them in the same light.

Anyway, I figure most people are honest but a guarantee like an escrow is never bad either.

Ah well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Take a look at co-part brokers. Copart Brokers List - a complete list of the brokers who work with Copart, the home of the online salvage car auction

It looks like I have no restrictions buying cars from Copart in my state. So I don't think I need a license. But I do not have the time right now for anything outside work. Maybe in the spring/summer I will look into it more.
Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

I did a search a few weeks ago about copart and almost everything I read wasn't just bad it was terrible, the fees, the scammers, even the employees said they wouldnt recommend anyone get a job there. I highly suggest that you do a little research before doing anything with copart.
Try searching "copart scam" for a starting point.
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foos View Post
I did a search a few weeks ago about copart and almost everything I read wasn't just bad it was terrible, the fees, the scammers, even the employees said they wouldnt recommend anyone get a job there. I highly suggest that you do a little research before doing anything with copart.
Try searching "copart scam" for a starting point.
Copart is a scam unless its something people dont really want, insights on there usually (but not always) sell for little.

The key with copart is WHO you are, if you are a prefered licensed seller you can avoid most of the fees, if you are an individual the fees through most any of the brokers add up to more than the car is worth and many times you owe fees even if you don't win.

Terrible, terrible scam.

I understand this hence why I would only bid if I can find someone with a proper license and status to do business on copart, most of the folks in the list charge tremendous fees and are struck out before I could even bid.

Its really too bad they have to run such a shoddy business.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default I can help with purchase of vehicle at copart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post

Thanx
Ryan
I can help with the purchase of a vehicle and answer any questions you might have from copart.
Copartguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in