Singing - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Off Topic Section > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default Singing

Anyone else do it?

I'm taking a couple of weeks off Insight stuff as I'm in a local production of Gilbert & Sullivan's Trial by Jury and rehearsals are getting hectic.

Joined a few local choirs after the move and singing four times a week at the minute.

Anyway for those who are curious here is a short sample piece from Pirates of Penzance.

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/pirates2.mp3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wife and daughter are big singers of the old Appalachian folk songs which of course are Scotch/Irish/English in origin. They go off to seminar in the summer to sing.

My daughter's first complete sentence was "Daddy, don't sing." That is an accurate picture of my talent, but I like to listen
Old 11-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I have a southern accent, but try to hide it. I like singing the hooks of popular rap songs when I was at the bank in my accent.

Ive been told Im a good folk artist, but it pisses me off I cant draw a straight line or make a photograph quality picture.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I certainly have a love of folk song... I'm afraid, though, that my voice is a little more suited to Dixieland and maybe a little "Vehicle," by Ides of March!
I sing with our Air Force bands here and there... usually for effect. Picture "'Zat You, Santa Claus", by Buster Poindexter... that's pretty much me!
(I like to think I do a pretty decent Saint James Infermary).
Currently 185K miles, LMPG-58.9 (darn SATX traffic!)
jrmgarcia@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Fine voice Peter. I'm subscribed to your Utube channel and see all the opera pieces you have uploaded. Well, not see like cliking on them, I mean I see that you have uploaded lots of opera scenes.

A favorite of mine is Victoria de los Angeles singing Bachianas Brasileiras

Rush
#1 - 2000 Silver #4965, not working now, 175k Miles, 61 LMPG - will probably turn into all Electric
#2 - 2000 Silver #4095, 234k Miles, 55 LMPG, OBDIIC&C by Peter, GCIM1 by Mike, New MaxIMA by Eli, Daewoo Matiz rear Springs by Matt

Tucson AZ
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 04:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

I know you like a laugh.

Anyway here is some more singing with Hull Savoyards in November 2014!!

http://youtu.be/zWAIeyhWANc

http://youtu.be/c7xFS1vSDlQ

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Singing

A man of many talents Peter !
JaguarKev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 05:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Default It's that time of year...

A break from the hectic Insight schedule for some G&S..

Trial by Jury and HMS Pinafore..

Hull Savoyards Hornsea 24/06/2017 MP3 160kbps Audio Files.

http://solarvan.co.uk/Music/TrialByJ...nsea240617.mp3

http://solarvan.co.uk/Music/HMS_Pina...nsea240617.mp3

http://solarvan.co.uk/Music/HMS_Pina...nsea240617.mp3

I was Captain Corcoran..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170624_191452.jpg (85.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20170623_205018.jpg (88.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20170624_213802.jpg (84.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20170623_221840.jpg (78.5 KB, 15 views)

Old 06-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Wonderful music. Maybe we could be a lot more mellow around here is everyone were required to listen to the overture before they could get the forum to open

Has the producer considered taking the troupe on tour, say to the U.S. East Coast? Washington and N.Y. both have rather cosmopolitan taste, but of course their production establishment is pretty entrenched.

There is a good repertory, summer stock, and off broadway network which might offer an opening. I'm thinking of Owens Mill (Baltimore), Wolf Trap(Washington D.C.) and the Altria here in Richmond, probably many others.

There is at least one Summer Savoyards company at Binghampton N.Y. where a friend of mine sings. Link:

https://www.summersavoyards.org/
Old 06-28-2017, 06:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well Peter you never cease to amaze me . My wife who also sings in a choir was impressed.

Ian
ozzies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in