I saved almost 40% by not using majestic honda - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Off Topic Section > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I saved almost 40% by not using majestic honda

I built an order totaling $1,062.07 at Majestic then by fluke used Honda Village Parts to rebuild the order and it was only $658.35

I'm now rebuilding an earlier order I did with Majestic that totaled 2300 bucks to see how much they stiffed me for over Honda Villages prices.

If it also comes out at almost 40% then they got me for 920 bucks which would have more than paid for this second order on a different car.
imacarbonfootprint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacarbonfootprint View Post
I built an order totaling $1,062.07 at Majestic then by fluke used Honda Village Parts to rebuild the order and it was only $658.35

I'm now rebuilding an earlier order I did with Majestic that totaled 2300 bucks to see how much they stiffed me for over Honda Villages prices.

If it also comes out at almost 40% then they got me for 920 bucks which would have more than paid for this second order on a different car.
Honda Village?

Newton Honda dealer in Newton Corner MA - New and Used Honda dealership Cambridge Watertown Waltham MA

I used the eparts store and was presented with outrageous prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Was it over the counter or online?
nachoshahaha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm trying to experiment with their site, but it isn't nearly as user friendly as Majestics. If they allow access to the actual parts listings, I couldn't find it on the site. They seem to insist on a form requesting availability and price, which requires extra work to get a price. I have a request in now for a short list.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yeah, I had a time one night making an order. One site would not take paypal, another would not sell me cvt fluid and ebay the fluid bottles looked different so I was worried of counterfeit or old stock. I ended up going to https://www.afhparts.com/ . For some small part I used the eparts section of my dealers website of colonial honda in richmond, va.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacarbonfootprint View Post
I don't know what was in your parts list. My experience in pricing 4 items was exactly the opposite. Honda Village was 50-70% higher than Majestic. My "test" list consisted of EGR valve, cylinder head, headlight assy., and tail light assy.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yeah. I did a compressor for an HCH2, and it was $710 Village vs. $454 Majestic. Neither price includes field coil or clutch. Yeah. A/C w/auto-stop is friggin asspensive.

S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

maybe someone at majestic pissed him off and he's trying to bait and switch?
Lyger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Or he works for Village.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default CVT fluid

I picked up my fluid on amazon.com for about $100 with free shipping.
-Rostra C/C
-Custom fab'd belly pan
-50% CRZ seat install
-Heated mirror upgrade

Planned MODs:
-Auto dimming rearview mirror
GasSipr37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in