Beware of honking in Florida - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Off Topic Section > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beware of honking in Florida

A friend of mine told me that he got a ticket recently, here in Florida. You won't believe what it was for. Wait for it-honking to let someone know he had a package for them. This is a common practice for deliverers.
Apparently there is a law saying you can only use your horn for emergencies. So if someone at Walmart is talking on the phone, and you can't drive around him to get out, you can't honk him away.
Beware Honkers, or you could end up with a nasty ticket.
Jackinbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

There are many noise ordinances that honking could violate. It's likely because it was a residential area and someone complained. It would probably be different in a Walmart parking lot as ambient noise is much higher.

Perhaps Honkees in Florida are too sensitive.

Yes. I'm LOL'ing at myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default probably

I don't think most people realize that it's a violation. It is hard to remember every rule. I have read driver's manuals from three different states, and I didn't remember. It seems a shame to ticket a delivery truck for that.
It seems to be a common practice to honk for big packages, especially if it's pouring.
Jackinbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I dunno, the guy must have sat outside a house obnoxiously laying on the horn to actually get a ticket.
I honked at a cop the other day (just a light little wake up tap). They regularly sit at lights working on their laptops, and every once in a while they need a little nudge to get going. He just waved and took off.
"Ron Burgundy" 2001 custom burgundy MT, 112K miles, new IMA battery, sunroof, shaved doors, black leather interior, solar charger, grid charger, Kenwood 4 speaker sound, 3D printed 3-button shifter, custom lower grill block, pod side mirrors, mirrored moon discs

"Turtle" 2000 Silver MT #880 ***retired***
cowmeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in