Dinosaur needs help - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Off Topic Section > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage
Default Dinosaur needs help

Off topic question:

I can no longer upload photos from a camera and chip I used to able to upload from.

When attempting upload, I receive the message "invalid file". It seems my photos are now too large, 3+MB and dimensions of 4608 x 3456. IC limits are 2 MB and dimensions of 2000 x 1000. My pics are JPEG's.

Can someone steer me straight ? Has IC reduced the allowable size ?

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix L840.

(yes, I'm an old dinosaur )
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, MIMA, currently "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go

Last edited by Mountain driver; 06-08-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Mountain driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Uploading directly to the site? Not using an offsite upload and putting the URL in this [img]http://[/img]

If directly to the site, you may have reached your upload limit and can't upload more. Hope I make sense, been awake over 24 hours now.

Try uploading here and using the URL in the image brackets.

http://postimage.org/
2000 Citrus #5260 200k+Miles
KaityVoivre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

If you are using windows, open them in the image program then save them as jpegs and close it. Should at least reduce the size. Im sure your camera has a setting to reduce image size too, but I just use my phone for photos.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think the image uploading may actually be broken right now. I just tried uploading like a 20kb jpeg to test and got a "not a valid image file" error. There's also this thread reporting the same problem right now.

edit: I typically just use my google account, share out the files, and just link directly to the images there.
#1 2000 MT, 200k+ mi, owned since 2014, got new old engine in 2016
#2 2000 MT, 200k+ mi, owned since 2015, No A/C, lots of dents, works
Best tank: 69 MPG . . . Recent tank: 64 MPG, June 2016
johnnyviri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Thanks for the input guys.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Old 06-17-2016, 01:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default photo

if you move your files from your camera to your computer,
when you open the photo on your computer (if you do it that way)
take a look at the options you have available in your picture viewing program.
The viewer typically has the ability to resize the photo, as well as turn it on it's side (if you turn the camera in its side when you took the picture) of zoom in or out.

what family are you from?
Old 06-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Thanks Will. I'll look for that next time I move pics from the camera chip to the computer. Odd thing is, I've not changed anything I've done in the past.

Family ? The Very Slow to Learn and Easily Frustrated With New Stuff and Changes Family. ARD (age related disease)
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Old 06-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default new stuff

After rereading my post above I wonder what I was thinking while I wrote it.
I'm not sure but I think what you asked was if the forum made new rules for photos size.
I don't know, but maybe one of the forum staff can find out after the password reset fuss settles down a bit, if it ever does.
Opps, I should have asked what kind of dinosaur you are, or what family of dinosaurs are you from.
I'm an ole stegasoreass.

sorry to have been so far off the mark on my first post in this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in