Fuelly - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 3rd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Fuelly

Is anyone else on Fuelly? Would like to follow your stats!

Me = Simcoe (Honda Insight) | Fuelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hasarad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2018, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hasarad,

You and I are both on Fuelly and - in fact - I sent you an email as well as a friend request on there yesterday. We both are doing really well compared to the other 19 vehicles (2019 Insights).

Sincerely,
Michael

"Aesthetically Insightful"
hobokencentral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasarad View Post
Is anyone else on Fuelly? Would like to follow your stats!

Me = Simcoe (Honda Insight) | Fuelly
I'm currently driving "Serenity". A '15 Civic Hybrid which uses a drivetrain similar to the 2nd gen Insight. Will check out yours and other 3rd gen stats right now.

BTW
REALLY impressive mpg in that thumbnail !! WOW!!
We should have a tbread dealing with how-to driving tips for getting those above EPA mpg
Have the engine operate as little as possible, especially when standing still or moving slowly; while also meeting my demands for power and maneuvering. This means most battery charging while cruising city streets and rural roads, max regen from slowing down and downgrades, and only using heater or A/C when the engine is on for other purposes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Moviemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do you report the LED readout or do you report by taking the gallons used to top of the tank divided by miles driven or both?

If both - how accurate is the LED readout - I heard it is +/- 10% - is it really that inaccurate?
obrien040362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien040362 View Post
Do you report the LED readout or do you report by taking the gallons used to top of the tank divided by miles driven or both?

If both - how accurate is the LED readout - I heard it is +/- 10% - is it really that inaccurate?
Other posts on this forum indicate LED read outs are 0.5 to 1.5 mpg lower than gas pump #gallons calaculations.
Have the engine operate as little as possible, especially when standing still or moving slowly; while also meeting my demands for power and maneuvering. This means most battery charging while cruising city streets and rural roads, max regen from slowing down and downgrades, and only using heater or A/C when the engine is on for other purposes.

Moviemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

The on-board mpg indicator is fairly accurate. The issue is that, since we put so little fuel in at each fill-up, there is always a small variance depending on when the pump clicks off. After over 10,000 miles, I am within a couple tenths of a mpg difference between indicated and actual. I'd consider that to be accurate for the on-board indicator.

hasarad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in