ACC and Braking - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 3rd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ACC and Braking

Today I drove from Olympia WA to Seattle (140 Miles round Trip) and I averaged 50.8 MPG. We have a 2019 Insight Touring model.

The traffic was heavy, both ways. I was in a lot of stop and go traffic. The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) operated very well. However, I keep wondering how the Brake lights work when I slow down. There is no indicator on the dashboard that tells what the Brake lights are doing.

This is in contrast with our 2017 Suburu Outback that has brake light indicators on the dashboard.

Does anyone know how the brake lights work in connection to ACC operations. When I slow down slowly does the brake lights come on? When I have to come to a quick stop, I hope the Brake lights come on to warn the person following me.

When I come up at full speed onto slow traffic, can I trust ACC to slow me down? Ir seems to have been programmed to provide a gradual slow down.

Any thoughts?

Are there rules of thumb for how the ACC Brake Lights behavior and ACC in stop and go traffic?
rjmarlatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe get a friend to follow you and do the different scenerios and watch for the lights and then get back to the Insighters here with that information.
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
3rd gen, acc, brake light

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in