New Owner MPG - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Owner MPG

Hello everyone!
Picked up a 2011 Insight LX about six weeks ago and mpg is steadily improving...first 200 miles - 41mpg....2d 200 - 43mpg...3d 200 - 45 mpg...and right now I'm right at about 46-7mpg... I have also noticed a big difference in mpg over the condition of road surfaces ... with many of ne tx roads rather rough, it definitely affects mpg ... the second i get on the smooth expwy mpg jumps up markedly
cheers.
jcbesq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very cool.

Now that just goes to show if the government wants us to pollute less, fix our deteriorating roads. Less resistance, less gas needed to go forward.
Zwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default mileage

I could'nt get over mid 40's all winter. I bought a used 2010 LX October last year. Just hit 13k miles on odometer and am now holding a steady 53mpg. I'm pleased.
freddy the mug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbesq View Post
Hello everyone!
Picked up a 2011 Insight LX about six weeks ago and mpg is steadily improving...first 200 miles - 41mpg....2d 200 - 43mpg...3d 200 - 45 mpg...and right now I'm right at about 46-7mpg... I have also noticed a big difference in mpg over the condition of road surfaces ... with many of ne tx roads rather rough, it definitely affects mpg ... the second i get on the smooth expwy mpg jumps up markedly
cheers.
Your experience mirrors mine with my EX. First tank 41, second 43, now 48-49. Still trying at ~4500 miles to break 50 mpg -- the current tank looks like it might be the one. With 350 miles have 52.5 on the display. Display is always a little optimistic, but I'm hoping I'll get the 50. Where are you in ne tx? I don't see many I2s around here; we may be close.
amorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

just around the corner in commerce

2011 Insight LX - 78k miles
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbesq View Post
just around the corner in commerce
JB, your corner is over 100 miles away, which explains why I haven't seen you cruising around.

BTW, finally broke the 50mpg barrier for a tank, with 50.7 mpg for 452.2 miles (hand calculated). My wife set a new personal best as well with her Prius (54.8 mpg). Maybe the summer blend or warmer weather -- don't care, just happy driving by the gas stations.
amorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Warm weather is a godsend (<--I hope this is a word) for this car... Just today MPG hit 49, the best I've seen. Just be easy on the gas, and coast a lot before red lights or traffic. I do like to get on it every now and then, turn off eco and punch it...
InsightRider101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

i just had the wind at my back and averaged almost 70mpg for a 20 mile stretch ... after 1400 miles the battery feels much stronger - more pure EV mode, longer auto/stop at lights, and stronger ev assist on hills, etc.

2011 Insight LX - 78k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in