Insight Fuel Economy, a great bang for your buck. - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Insight Fuel Economy, a great bang for your buck.

Save Money

An alternate point of view.
MPG Illusion, gallons per mile, GPM, GPKM

Plug in the numbers and you will see not to sweat the small stuff. According to Fuelly, there is only a 3 MPG real world difference between the Prius and the Insight. Even at 4 or more bucks a gallon, the annual fuel cost and over many years is negligible. As long as you're getting at least 40 MPG per tank, you're doing great.

Our Insights are a very good bang for our buck. Feel great about your Insight Purchase. The premium people pay for a Prius will never even come close to being recouped. Even the Civic Hybrid isn't looking so hot when you consider the extra cost. Actually the regular Civic or Fit is a better bang for your buck.

BTW, I'm not advocating not trying to get the best fuel economy you can. There are environmental considerations as well. Besides, trying to get high MPG is fun.
2010 EX with Zenex 35W HID Ballasts with Retrofit Source 4,300K Bulbs; with relay harness. Honda Splash Guards. Honda Vent Visors. Honda Rear Bumper Applique. Honda All Weather Floor Mats and Cargo Tray. Honda Leather Steering Wheel Cover. Yokohama Avid Touring S 195 60 15 Tires. Insulated doors for road noise with Quick Roof. kjanracings window rattle fix. Honda Accord Low Horn Upgrade.

Last edited by firsthonda; 02-20-2012 at 11:21 AM.
firsthonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

I totally agree. I did the math before buying my 2011 insight and calc'd the number of years/miles of driving I'd have to do before break even. And the insight won, of course. And I used epa miles so 40 (42 for combined driving would be fair) for the insight and 50 for the prius. When in fact fuelly shows a 4 mpg diff for the 2011's. I saved at least 3 grand and I'd never make it up. I do mostly local suburban driving, my insights forte. If I drove mostly highway, Id get less mpg. My last trip was to 5 different places, 25 miles, 58mpg, per mid. Not bad at all.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fuelly
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikejbb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in