Improved IMA after software update - Page 18 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 08:34 AM  

Garage
Default Name /numbered software updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFalicoff View Post
We drove down from Santa Clarita, CA to San Diego today all the way on Interstate 5. Some of thanksgiving traffic was horendous. For several hours we averaged around 12 mph. The overall average was just over 30. As I reported a few days ago the car is exhibiting a boost in mpg after the software updates. Well if the car readout is even remotely accurate this trip, the mpgs have clearly improved. Overall mpg was 61 mpg. Before we hit the heavy traffic it was around 72. I carefully monitored the regens and the system worked flawlessly. It never turned on going uphill, even a slight uphill. The battery indicator was nearly topped the entire trip. I did run the car with econo mode and the outside temp was around 70f the whole time, car temp set to 74 on auto mode. Unfortunately, the gas tank was not topped so I won't be able to get the actual mpg. But I should be able to make a guestimate once we refill the tank as I believe the tank was very close to full. Even if the mpg readout is off by 10% the mpg has improved considerably. Has anyone else seen this boost from the software updates? The increase is so dramatic that I am dubious Honda could have achieved this with software changes alone. I need to verify that they have not just messed with the accuracy of electronic gauges. At a minimum I can say the regen problem on our vehicle has been sorted out for the type of terrain encountered on this trip.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Hi if u could write the name/number /s of the software updates pls, bringing mine in this week but I've misplaced my paperwork ref same updates I did to my previous insight (ima/forced charging etc) and can't find the relevant three here on the forum, thanks
Garrydhu is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in