MPG after first month... - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default MPG after first month...

UK imperial gallons = 4.54 litres:

Highway: 64mpg (53.3 US MPG or 4.4l/100Km)

Urban: 46.5mpg (38.7 US MPG or 6.1l/100Km)

Using eco mode, with latest software updates.

The IMA update has definately made the car smoother, and regen is kicking in more often, especially while lifting off gas at lower speeds I think.

The car was sitting around for about three weeks, so I expect that the next tank will get better.

Last edited by phb10186; 10-22-2014 at 06:26 PM.
phb10186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Excellent highway MPG!

How did you measure Urban cycle... all urban Tank?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Foresight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foresight View Post
Excellent highway MPG!

How did you measure Urban cycle... all urban Tank?
Highway MPG was measured taking the average of two highway journeys of about 100 miles each. From my house to the highway is about a mile of suburban road, then proceeding to the destination and back again. In essence, both of these were journeys where cruise control was set at 67mph.

The urban cycle was a complete tank of generalised driving that my wife does, (all urban). London suburban traffic in rush hour is fairly heavy, lots of stop starting and very little driving above 35mph. Ave speed is 19mpg over the tank. Fuel is 95 octane (standard UK pump unleaded).

I am going to re-run the tank with 98 octane to see if it is worth the difference in cost, but my gut reaction is that on a hybrid, it might not be - but we will see.
phb10186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 04:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

My urban is better than highway, but 99.5% of it is free flowing traffic with cruise set at 30mph. The insight loves that.

I'm surprised at 64mpg at 67mph though (I've forgotten what that speed feels like it's been so long). That's great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmt257 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt257 View Post

I'm surprised at 64mpg at 67mph though (I've forgotten what that speed feels like it's been so long). That's great
The words of an Insight hypermiler.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Mountain driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt257 View Post
My urban is better than highway, but 99.5% of it is free flowing traffic with cruise set at 30mph. The insight loves that.

Gotta love that. The Insight is pretty amazing when driven for fuel efficiency. Hypermiling nirvana.
Foresight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 02:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've generally got my best fuel economy at higher speeds too. It's probably because there is rarely opportunity to drive on a 30mph road around here for more than about 100 to 500 yds without stopping. To get a mile away from my house I have to pass about 5 sets of pedestrian crossings with traffic lights.

I drive at up to 70 mph on motorways but motorway trips are the only ones where I ever break 60 mpgUK (unless it's like 5am and there's nobody else on the road).
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in