Vehicle efficiency value in Torque Pro app? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Vehicle efficiency value in Torque Pro app?

Hi there,

I just picked up the Torque Pro app, and I'm wondering what value should I use for "Vehicle Efficiency." The default is 85, but has anyone here found a more accurate number to use for 2g Insight?

Thanks,
Irimi-Ai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

What is it based off of? The ima system alone is only 60% efficient.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2014, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

It's a formula based on several variables. Correction: volumetric efficiency, not "vehicle efficiency" as I initially stated. See this link for details: http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...n_9.012000.htm

Regardless, I found the Torque app can calculate VE on its own, so nevermind. Right now my Insight is in the body shop, but the rental I have (Altima) has awful VE if the Torque app is accurate...its topping out at 70%.
Irimi-Ai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

70% of what? An EV? A gas powered engine is like 15-20% efficient with most of the gas being wasted as heat. Most transmissions have at least a 10% loss getting the power to the road. A lot of energy goes into getting, transporting and making a gallon of gas.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in