Change in commute - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Change in commute

I had a temporary change in commute last week, going to a different office. It meant an 80 mile daily round trip, perhaps 90% motorways and dual carriageways in moderate traffic.

My usual commute is an 18 mile round trip over a big hill. About 50% dual carriageway and 50% 20-40mph local roads.

The change resulted in my best tank to date. 61.5 mpgUK. First time I've ever had a tank beat the NEDC combined figure.

Best tank previously was 59 mpgUK (on holiday). I'd say the traffic made some difference as it often meant driving closer to 60 mph rather than 70 last week.

Best commuting tank previously was about 50 mpgUK. No real change in driving style (other than slight slow down due to volume of traffic). Tyre pressures are stock (with Toyo Proxes CF2 185/55/R16). No mods.

Back to the normal commute now though (although today I've got the wife's Chevvy Aveo - nothing like that to make me appreciate the I2!).

Last edited by Uriel; 06-19-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yup, the longer the better. I find my commute mpg doesnt start to grow til Ive covered 10 miles on a trip.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Yup, the longer the better. I find my commute mpg doesnt start to grow til Ive covered 10 miles on a trip.
Yes, Cobb... but that was before you spruced up the juice in your Insight's tank with that BP 93 jet fuel!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Foresight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in