Honda Insight Forum banner

New York to Philadelphia 54.4mpg in hurricane!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Foresight 
#1 ·
Hello all well i did my first long trip in my insight! i was amazed i averaged 54.4 mpg, it was almost all highway, i did 65 mph and was on eco, i had the wipers going, radio and defroster and my cd playing, the car did wonderful, she was very smooth on the highway and i stayed in the green most of the time, it did really well in the city as well, i know that if i did some drafting i could get even better mpg!:D

#3 ·
It's in the Gen 2 forum.

Sam

#5 · (Edited)
More than 10 mpg better than EPS standard. Pretty darn good for a freshly bought car.

Please click on the "User CP" button above and list your location. It will help if you need help.

#7 ·
Raise the storm jib and go for it!! :D

#8 · (Edited)
crazy switch, should have done it long ago!

even when i ride mixed driving, i get 49 to 52 mpg easy, amazing when i filled up i had 400 plus miles at only 8 gallons, its fun trying to get better gas milage!, i am driving from new jersey to yonkers and i am curious how good mpg i can get?

#9 ·
This car can really beat the reported and very stingy EPA figures, even in the worst driving conditions. If you're easy on the go pedal and use the brakes to regenerate when possible, you should be able to get into the mid to upper 50 mpg range. This car loves to cruise at 45 to 60 mph.

Keep those tires up around 39-40 psi if the max pressure figures on the sides of the tires allow. That's cold pressure... car sitting overnight is best. Keep the load light when you can.

Saving a good amount of money on fuel with this car is fun. It's a very good car that's really underestimated. I've had a Prius since 2005, and use to be on the side that underestimated this car. Until I drove one, and it had well over 40,000 miles on it. That's all it took for me to stop underestimating this car, and then I found a new one with a great price and bought it.

It's a bargain/excellent value all the way around. I really like it, just in case you couldn't tell.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.