New York to Philadelphia 54.4mpg in hurricane! - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New York to Philadelphia 54.4mpg in hurricane!

Hello all well i did my first long trip in my insight! i was amazed i averaged 54.4 mpg, it was almost all highway, i did 65 mph and was on eco, i had the wipers going, radio and defroster and my cd playing, the car did wonderful, she was very smooth on the highway and i stayed in the green most of the time, it did really well in the city as well, i know that if i did some drafting i could get even better mpg!
themadchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

gen1 or 2 ?
PatJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

It's in the Gen 2 forum.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

it is a gen 2, i thaught it was good, higway is allot easier to get high mpg! i ride city driving i get around 43 to 45 mpg
Old 10-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

More than 10 mpg better than EPS standard. Pretty darn good for a freshly bought car.

Please click on the "User CP" button above and list your location. It will help if you need help.

Last edited by jime; 10-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You have to admit regardless of the year, thats good for either model equipped with a cvt and driven with no regards to fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJr View Post
gen1 or 2 ?

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadchef View Post
Hello all well i did my first long trip in my insight! i was amazed i averaged 54.4 mpg, it was almost all highway, i did 65 mph and was on eco, i had the wipers going, radio and defroster and my cd playing, the car did wonderful, she was very smooth on the highway and i stayed in the green most of the time, it did really well in the city as well, i know that if i did some drafting i could get even better mpg!
Raise the storm jib and go for it!!

1963 Lotus 7 replica, 12 mpg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1962 Henny Kilowatt, 40 miles/charge @ 40 mph

My website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Hack your OBDIIc&c
* Cool the IMA battery
* DIY Fix rear motor mount
* DIY Grid charger/discharger build instructions etc
* My grid charger/discharger thread on the forum
olrowdy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default crazy switch, should have done it long ago!

even when i ride mixed driving, i get 49 to 52 mpg easy, amazing when i filled up i had 400 plus miles at only 8 gallons, its fun trying to get better gas milage!, i am driving from new jersey to yonkers and i am curious how good mpg i can get?

Last edited by themadchef; 10-04-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

This car can really beat the reported and very stingy EPA figures, even in the worst driving conditions. If you're easy on the go pedal and use the brakes to regenerate when possible, you should be able to get into the mid to upper 50 mpg range. This car loves to cruise at 45 to 60 mph.

Keep those tires up around 39-40 psi if the max pressure figures on the sides of the tires allow. That's cold pressure... car sitting overnight is best. Keep the load light when you can.

Saving a good amount of money on fuel with this car is fun. It's a very good car that's really underestimated. I've had a Prius since 2005, and use to be on the side that underestimated this car. Until I drove one, and it had well over 40,000 miles on it. That's all it took for me to stop underestimating this car, and then I found a new one with a great price and bought it.

It's a bargain/excellent value all the way around. I really like it, just in case you couldn't tell.
Foresight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in