Disc Brake Pad Drag Reduction Clips - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight MPG

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Disc Brake Pad Drag Reduction Clips

Installed brake pad drag reduction clips today. They seem to work well.

The idea is to not let the pads rest against the rotor. The clips push the pads apart, off the surface of the rotor.

In neutral, I can now coast on a very slight incline. I'm not expecting a big increase in mpg. Any difference may be to slight to attribute to the clips.

I removed the calipers, squeezed the clips, and inserted the ends in the slot so they hooked inside the pads on each side. Getting them all the way in was a little tricky.

They don't look it in the picture but all 4 clips were symmetric.

Raybestos H6001 Professional Grade Disc Brake Pad Drag Reduction Clip

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5PII1M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
BackStreet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pictures of your installation would be nice
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4lPN13E_ig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yeah, I tucked mines inside the pad backing place just after the brake material.

Im sure if you took advantage of the coasting you would see some mpg increase. I like the rolling effect it gives as it seems the car with its regaining that its got low air in the tires.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Check it out

Before you order from Amazon, check out RockAuto Parts Catalog for a better deal.
Hugh-Falls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh-Falls View Post
Before you order from Amazon, check out RockAuto Parts Catalog for a better deal.
I don't know why you put that other than a plug for RockAuto. I cound not find a listing at any price.

NAPA appears to have the same clips.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Plug

Backstreet: Your plug for NxxA is most appreciated.

When you go to the Rxxxxxxx site, click on "Parts Number Search", then enter part number, then select Rxxxxxx from "Manufacturer" list. If all went well, you should receive a price quote. Follow directions for shipping, etc.
Hugh-Falls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

If you are an AAA member you get a discount at NAPA. Currently NAPA has their bucket special. Buy a bucket for $2.50 and everything that fits in the bucket is 20% off. Yes, you can crush the packaging to get a starter, water pump, alternator, etc in there. Must buy at least 3 items to qualify.

NAPA is good at getting odd new parts. Rockauto is good at getting old discontinued parts. Thats how I managed to get all the brake parts for the 10 inch drums on my sidekick. Most sidekicks have 8 inch drums, but the wagon model has 10.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh-Falls View Post
Backstreet: Your plug for NxxA is most appreciated.

When you go to the Rxxxxxxx site, click on "Parts Number Search", then enter part number, then select Rxxxxxx from "Manufacturer" list. If all went well, you should receive a price quote. Follow directions for shipping, etc.
Oh, I found it with shipping at the EXACT SAME PRICE!!!!!!!!!

NAPA in this case is the brand. I get $10,000 each time I mention NAPA.

NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA NAPA .....
Old 10-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

NAPA and O'Reilly's are the only 2 stores in my area that will resurface drums and rotors for you.

Ive been jerked around too much to deal with Auto Zone. Advance auto isnt too bad. Staples auto is a joke. I was trying to find some special 2 or 3 electrode denso plugs for my tacoma and they thought I was crazy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in