Toyo Proxes CF2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Honda Insight Wheels, Tires and Suspension

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Toyo Proxes CF2

Well I was planning on getting a set of Bridgestone Ecopia EP150s in 185/55r16 (stock size for I2 ES) but it seems they're like hens' teeth in the UK. They're rated BB70 for the usual rolling resistance, wet braking and noise, the only B RR tyre I know of in the stock size. Unfortunately it looks like they've been announced but are not yet available, at least according to the tyre suppliers I spoke to (actually ordered them from 2 different suppliers who both took my money and then phoned to say they weren't in stock).

After a bit of searching and reading reviews, I'm going for Toyo Proxes CF2. They're rated CB70. I'll have them fitted in around a week and a half. 75 a corner with 20 fitting etc for all 4 at the local Honda Dealer (which happens to be my nearest garage).

This will be my first set of new tyres, getting away from the stock Dunlop SP2030s at nearly 40,000 miles.

Unfortunately it's going to be an expensive month. Someone put a 40cm scratch on the bonnet (hood to those the other side of the pond) so I'm having it resprayed. That'll be 250 plus VAT...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Uriel; 07-19-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Picked the car up and once I got it home checked the pressures. 28 in the rear and 30 on the front. Fills you with confidence...

Old 08-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Now the pressures are stock 33 / 32 psi, it still doesn't roll as easily as the old dunlop SP2030s. I suspect the rubber had got fairly hard on those though.

It's most apparent on a hill where I used to be able to maintain 70 mph with the speedo held on turquoise. It 's dropping a few mph now. Losing a couple of mpg on familiar journeys too

The toyos are rated lower than the dunlops for rolling resistance. Could be old to new rubber switch. Could be that the dunlops were last topped up when it was colder outside and the pressures are actually higher.

Maybe time will tell. On the positive side they've got much better grip in damp conditions than the SP2030s

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in