Hybrid Automotive Grid Charger Reviews - Please share your experience - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Vendor Member Section > Hybrid Automotive

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Thumbs up Hybrid Automotive Grid Charger Reviews - Please share your experience

If you own a Hybrid Automotive Grid Charger, we want to hear from you!

This is an open invitation to our customers to reply and leave comments in this thread about their experience with our products, service, and support. We appreciate honest feedback from our customers about their charger, their impact it had on their battery, how it was working with me, and the quality my post-sales support. We will be pointing potential customers who want feedback from prior customers to this thread.

If you have purchased a charger from me, please share your experience

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Extending the life of your hybrid
Best Tank: 90.2MPG over 918.7 miles 010MCM/030BCM, No MIMA. Details:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Dark Blue Insight. Bought/Selling/Sold/Dismantled nine silvers, three blues, and a Citrus

jeff652 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

One of the best installs of your charger was for a guy who has a 2006 Insight.

He only has 15,000 miles on it after 8 years of ownership. It is stored in his garage most of the year, especially wintertime and during inclement weather.

When he brought it out for this season the IMA and all sorts of lights came on.

As he described the low use of the car I knew at once that he did not need a new battery, but instead only needed a grid charger. I am also a big proponent of having a discharger as well, so I made sure to install a discharge capable unit.

Looking forward to keeping this low mileage Insight in top condition, and the Hybrid Automotive grid charger will make sure the IMA battery is ready to go whenever the owner wants to take it for a spin!

608-729-4082

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Saturday Service

Buy a grid charger from Jeff at Hybrid Automotive. I installed mine wrong and he called me on a Saturday to diagnose it. Who does that anymore? Great service!
Bakeryman27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Couldn't ask for better service! Ordered Monday, recieved today (Thursday), and installed in about 30 min via the excellent instructions. Will start charging this weekend.

Also, the construction is something that you can tell was done right, no corners cut.

Thanks Hybrid Automotive!
j23civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default unprecedented service

The service here goes to 11. Highlights:

1) The aforementioned Saturday afternoon service assistance - looks like a common theme here.
2) A replacement charger was necessary (due to my incompetence, not a bad charger) that was shipped out the next day no charge with no guarantee other than my word that I would return the first unit.
3) Continued troubleshooting help with an issue unrelated to the charger that was causing me problems.

Im 45 years old, and I cannot remember a more positive experience on a purchase in my life. It was as though Jeffs sole objective in selling these chargers is to meet insight owners in order to help them out.

So one more time Thanks Hybrid Automotive!
arawlins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just been out for my first drive in my Insight since grid charging the battery with the Hybrid Automotive Charger. Brilliant no warning lights - full and sustained assist up a long steep hill that I need to negotiate everyday. Charge Indicator not dropping below 3/4 full even immediately after the steep hill.

I'd got the charger in and everything reassembled and started the filling procedure at about midday Sat. The voltage started at 162volt and climbed slowly to 172volt by about 11.00pm

I went to bed and checked the volts again this morning at about 7.30am and found them at 175 volt. I left it a couple of hours and found no change in voltage so disconnected everything and took my Dad out for a fathers day Coffee shortly after.

Nice bit of kit - I was surprised the charger wasn't even slightly warm to the touch it was left in the car outside with the windows up and a power lead trailing into the garage from the boot. It's just turned spring in NZ so not very warm yet.

Fitting the positive connection was a major pain - I imagine some guys might like to find a lady friend or small child to do it for them. I've got small hands and skinny fingers so got away with it.

Fingers crossed it will keep the IMA lights away for a long time. The car is going to be used for a daily commute into Wellington (NZ Capital) but will spend the odd week parked up when I work away from home. See how it goes this week.

I'll see if I can source a flat or ribbon mains cable with an IEC connector. A standard cable did go through the tailgate ok but it would be nice to have a skinny cable as a purchase option with the charger even with a US plug (I'm used to chopping off non NZ plugs ).
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Smile Hi from Azerbaijan

Hi guys! I'm from Azerbaijan. You guys probably even don't know where is it. Anyway...

This summer I drove to Iran trip (yes, yes!!!). About 1500 km (932 miles) in hot weather, more than 100 F with AC on. There I noticed that my battery is discharged quickly.

When I back to hometown immediately purchased Grid Charger (GC) from Jeff. Now I got it. IMA light comes on recently during last week. I think I shouldn't delay with installation. Tomorrow I am gonna to install it.

After it's done, I am gonna feedback here.
Vugar_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vugar_1973 View Post
Hi guys! I'm from Azerbaijan. You guys probably even don't know where is it. Anyway...

This summer I drove to Iran trip (yes, yes!!!). About 1500 km (932 miles) in hot weather, more than 100 F with AC on. There I noticed that my battery is discharged quickly.

When I back to hometown immediately purchased Grid Charger (GC) from Jeff. Now I got it. IMA light comes on recently during last week. I think I shouldn't delay with installation. Tomorrow I am gonna to install it.

After it's done, I am gonna feedback here.
Glad to hear you received it! I must admit, I did have to look up Azerbaijan when your order came through . We hope the charger helps you rebalance your battery pack and keeps the car running strong for a long while. I am always happy to help if you have any questions along the way.

One favor to ask: Now that you have received it, can you please cancel the eBay dispute so that we can be paid for the product and the shipping to get it to you? We are currently without any payment for the charger that is in your hands.

Extending the life of your hybrid
Best Tank: 90.2MPG over 918.7 miles 010MCM/030BCM, No MIMA. Details:

2006 Dark Blue Insight. Bought/Selling/Sold/Dismantled nine silvers, three blues, and a Citrus

jeff652 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's done, Jeff. The case is closed. Thanx.
Vugar_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm from Azerbaijan. You guys probably even don't know where is it. ...
Sure I do! Eurovision Song Contest 2013!

Quote:
This summer I drove to Iran trip (yes, yes!!!).
Wow!

Do you own a G1 Insight? If so, you're even more isolated in your support for this car than I am in Sweden.
Sold 16 July 2017: 2000 Insight A/C #559 with Honda security system, Genesis One MIMA+FAS and grid charger, OBDIIC&C, Rostra, Fumoto, DEFA engine block heater, Philips LED DRL's
2014 BMW i3 BEV
aisbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in