Southern California Events? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Southern California Events?

Hey guys,

New member here, so excuse me if there's already a thread about this. Does anyone know of any insight clubs or hybrid events in California? I've been hypermiling my truck for some time now and I'm now ready to move on. I'm currently in the market to buy an insight. I would love to gain some more knowledge about these cars and expand my network for my insight search. I would really appreciate meeting up with you folks and learning more.

-Jared
mpgjrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Jared:

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folk and info here on "IC".

The "search" function, as well as the IC "knowledge base" and "encyclopedia" will provide answers to most questions an Insight owner (or perspective owner) will have. The "stickies" in each forum area are also well stocked with info, with many containing links.

Yes, there are many Insight owners in your region and they do get together for meet-ups. Keep an eye on the "hybrid socials and events" forum for advertisements of meet-ups that may be near your area. These are great opportunities to meet with other Insight owners to share ideas and experience.

Keep an eye on the "buy/sell" section of the "Insightful Deals" forum. Sellers often advertise there. Here's a link to a compilation of suggestions to look for when searching for a G1.

Good luck and happy Insighting,
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, MIMA, currently "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Mountain driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you are in the LA area, you should go by Jue Motors in Covina and meet klr3cyl(Scott) he is one of the best Insight mechanics in U.S. He is a great guy, very helpful, and very friendly.

Keep your eyes open for IC members here who are near you. Sometimes it only takes a suggestion to arrange a low pressure meet at a restaurant or a car show.

And use to "socials and events" section to find something or start something - as Mountain Driver suggests.

Hope you find a nice car soon.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Where are you located in Southern Ca.?
It helps if you are little more specific.
Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the info guys!

That stickied buyer's guide has some priceless information in it, many thanks to the people who created it.

I'm very willing to travel and meet up with some insighters. I'm keeping an eye out on the socials and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys as well.

By the way, I'm currently in Rancho Cucamonga.

-Jared
mpgjrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Even though you do not have a car you can still organize an event.
Choose a time that works for you
Choose a location that works for you
Announce it on InsightCentral
Announce it on any of the Insight Facebook Group.

Even if just one person shows up you have your club!

Repeat as much as you want.

*** Get Together With Your Southern California Insight Enthusiasts!!***
Hey guys, let's meet up and talk about Insights next month.

When:
Saturday May, 5th
10am - Noon

Where:
In N Out Burger
2940 E. Garvey Ave.
West Covina CA, 91791
Let's park together in the west parking lot

Agenda
- Intros (Car, miles, how long owned, current mpg)
- Local Service locations (For example Jue motors, etc)
- Anybody have parts to sell/swap?
- Best places to find Insights to buy
Meeting ends

608-729-4082

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in