InsightFest 2019 - More Power: K Swap, Lithium and more! Columbus OH, Sept 6,7,8 - Page 4 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Sean,,let's hook up on way up 70'am going this year for sure,,we could head up the same time,,
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

We've got about 3 months to go before the event. I know that seems a long ways away, but starting checking with your boss and family to be sure you can make it to the event.

Then... Register and send in payment

How do you do that?
Step 1) Fill out the Registration Form
Step 2) Pay via PayPal to this account: [email protected]

Cost:$60 per person
optional additional $22 fee to park with our InsightFest group at the Eibach Meet portion of the weekend (Sunday)

I've been working hard on getting some special things together. This is going to be a unique year for the Fest and you definitely won't want to miss it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

608-729-4082

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 01:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Have I paid? Registered?

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 04:51 PM   #34 (permalink)

Room Booked for 3 nights.
Called them direct for the Group Rate - 614.860.9804
The on-line reservation system didn't recognize the group.

And... The registration check is in the mail!
I'd own a Karmann Ghia, but prefer to not freeze in the winter!
Arbus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

Looking at the satellite view of the site, wondering:
- can we work on our cars in the parking lot while at the event?
- can we set up a sun shade above our car (like a porch umbrella or one of those 10x10 canopies)
- can we set up stuff in front of our car on a blanket to swap/sell/talk about?
- can we set up a folding table in front of our car to put aforementioned stuff (though it'd have to be pretty small to fit in the car on the drive over)?

thanks!

sean

Last edited by *sean*; 06-29-2019 at 08:29 PM.
*sean* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #36 (permalink)

Arbus,
I got your payment so you are good to go for InsightFest 2019! See you in Columbus.

sean,
Good questions.
I'll check with the owner of the shop and see.

Overall I can say this. Be cool and you'll probably be just fine. If there are issues at the event, I will definitely let you know. I expect people to comply with my requests and of they don't comply I expect people to leave. (This has happened and it sucks.)

- Canopies
Having canopies up generally is ok, but you are responsible for any damage you do to a fellow enthusiasts vehicle/property. For example, strong winds show up while you are away from the tent and it crashes into Willie's Insight. That would not be cool. Take appropriate precautions ahead of time. We will leave the lot unattended each evening so don't plan on storing anything onsite.

- Working on cars
Depends on what you mean I suppose. First it is assumed you are bringing your own tools. No tools will be supplied by the shop. Are you simply supporting the car with your hydraulic floorjack (with no jackstands) and doing a bunch of welding on a gas tank (with no protection or shielding)? This would not be cool. Adjusting valves and avoiding any fluid spillage? Totally cool. I think you get the gist of what I mean.

- Selling stuff
Totally fine with me. I know I'll be selling stuff and I expect so will many others. Do you officially need a sellers permit in Ohio? I have no idea. Feel free to research it and report back if you are so inclined.

- folding table
Seems to me it would fall along the same guidelines as canopy.

InsightFest is meant to be a fun event and I try to be pretty reasonable.
There will be times when I have to ask people to take it down a notch, or simply stop some activity, but that has been few and far between.
If you are not sure, please just ask me ahead of time. I'd rather we come to an agreement ahead of time rather than it become really awkward for you and me later. Or worse, someone truly gets hurt and we have to shut down the whole event.

People should feel free to call anytime with any question. There are no dumb questions!!! 608-729-4082

608-729-4082

Mobile service also available

Last edited by ericbecky; 06-30-2019 at 09:38 PM.
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbecky View Post
- Selling stuff
Totally fine with me. I know I'll be selling stuff and I expect so will many others. Do you officially need a sellers permit in Ohio? I have no idea. Feel free to research it and report back if you are so inclined.
https://www.tax.ohio.gov/taxeducatio...our_Stuff.aspx

Quote:
you are selling a personal item that you originally purchased for your personal use, therefore you are not required to charge sales tax.
Quote:
On the other hand, if you purchase an mp3 player at a very low price with plans of reselling it to try and make some extra money, you would need to charge sales tax. In this case, the item was not purchased for your personal use.
---

https://www.tax.ohio.gov/taxeducatio...Purchases.aspx

Quote:
If the purchases are less frequent, you can make a voluntary payment of the tax by sending a payment of the amount due to the Ohio Department of Taxation along with a description of the purchases made and the dates of purchase. A voluntary payment form VP USE is available on our Web site at Tax Forms. Use tax on purchases by an individual can also be paid on the Ohio individual income tax return.
---

In the unlikely event the seller turned a net profit (after all costs / expenses are accounted for) , my guess is the portion that is a net profit might count for 'income tax' purposes.

When I file my taxes each year .. there are 'standard deductions' .. so that one does not have to itemize every tiny minutia of their life .. but .. some people choose to go that extra effort to itemize more stuff (to try and get a larger than 'standard' deduction, thus pay less taxes) .. to each their own.

Generally speaking .. the government doesn't fault you for overpaying more taxes than you actually owe them .. they are just fine keeping your money .. underpaying your taxes they do mind , the larger the amount the more they care .. in 2010 GE filed a ~57,000 page Tax return on ~$14 Billion in profits .. I am a small fish , and I don't need a ~57,000 page return to explain why what I paid in taxes was 'ok' for me to do.
  • oo-MT-I1: MIMA(#024)+FAS+OBDIC&C+HighwaterDashResetButtons+A C CompressorBypass+LiFePO4PHEV~2.5kwhIMA 1p48s +Auxiliary12v~1.6kwh LiFePO4 8p4s+BCM-Fooler+BCM-Interceptor+EVDisplay Meter +420w Solar 120Roof/105Hatch/85Dash/110Hood +RearGazShocks+KLR3CYL Springs F&B+Manual DC-DC +1.3kwAC Charger +LED Headlights +PTC Heat IMA Battery
  • On-Going Projects: Improved EV-Mode+ More Insight Solar+TEG +v2-Li-IMA
IamIan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #38 (permalink)

Peoples! Would it be possible, during the weekend, for somebody to help me with an egr cleanout on my 2002? I’m happy to bring needed supplies, if you can specify them, and do the actual cleaning, but need help with the dis- & re-assembly. Thanks!
I'd own a Karmann Ghia, but prefer to not freeze in the winter!
Arbus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 PM   #39 (permalink)

Shamelessly bumping up to get you guys going,,sign up have some fun,,
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 10:29 PM   #40 (permalink)

Is there a list somewhere, perhaps a spreadsheet, to show who is coming?

I've entered.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in