Hybridfest in Madison in July - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hybridfest in Madison in July

I am looking to find some people from SC/NC who want to convoy up to the Hybridfest in Madison this July. Anyone interested? If so, please send me a message right away. I booked the hotel that the Hybridfest recommended, as they said it will sell out quickly with our group. I am in the Greenville, SC area. I heard the festival was great last year!
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pretendtobenormal Send a message via Skype™ to pretendtobenormal
Default Re: Hybridfest in Madison in July

Speaking of the HF '08 hotel... I was a little disappointed that they changed it this year. I really like the Clarion right there at the fairgrounds, the location is just perfect. Did anyone here actually request a cheaper hotel as the e-mail said?
pretendtobenormal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Since I'm the one who sent out the survey, I can assure you that I read every comment and that we did receive requests for a less expensive option.

I'm looking forward to hearing what people think of the new hotel after this year's event.
If the Days Inn at $72 turns out not to be to people's liking, we are always open to suggestions for next year's hotel.

You can still try to book your own room at the Clarion for this year. Online rates for the hotel's web site begin at about $129 for Thursday night, and then $179 for Friday and Saturday night. With the Dali Lama being in town, the Clarion itself is pretty booked up. I know when I tried in January I couldn't get a room there, but things may have changed since then.

Lastly, another thought is that a contingency of people are camping out at Capital Springs Park.
Their web site that tells about the facilities is
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...s/camping.html

To make a reservation you need to use their reservations service, http://www.reservedane.com/ or call Dane County Parks, (60 246-3896, or now it looks like they have a new online service https://www.reservedane.com/Reservation ... 1.aspx?t=2

Although I don't know them all, I have seen that there will be Hybridfdest attendees in sites #51, #47, #37, #3, #1

Looking forward to seeing you there this year! Feel free to post or PM me if you have questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

608-729-4082

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Are there any owners at hybrid fest that want to sell their car? Still lookin!
Phanius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

im considering going this year...pending proper padding in the bank account

is there anyone from the northeast who would want to convoy with me?
Past Vehicles:
'00 Honda Insight, '06 Honda CBR600f4i, '93 Mazda MX-3, '91 Honda Civic
ikhoudvanu199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in