= Houston Insight Meet - Coffee & Cars - July 2nd (Saturday) - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking = Houston Insight Meet - Coffee & Cars - July 2nd (Saturday)

Our last meet was great. We are planning to attend the Houston Coffee and Cars for July 2nd (Saturday). There will be many other owners showcasing their exotic cars, we can represent the Gen1 Insights.

Here are more details on Houston Coffee & Cars on their website
Houston Coffee and Cars

This time the Coffee & Cars location is Different. Its in the north west area at 249 & Louetta.

Date: July 2nd (Saturday)
Time: 8am-10am (but lets plan to arrive much earlier like 6-7am to get good spots together)
Place: Vintage Park
110 Vintage Park
Houston, TX 77070

After the meet, we might do a little workshop sort of thing. One Insight owner needs some common maintenance items for their insight done (Adjust valves, EGR clean, grid charger install/remove), so we can do that, and anyone can watch or help out if they want. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Anymore 1st Gen Insights are encouraged to attend with us. Last time we had 4 insights, hopefully we can have more this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yes. It was tons of fun at the last meet. I am definitely planning on attending again. I'll be practicing burnouts this week. LOL!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Can't wait, hoping to have my car mostly re-assembled in time for the meet. Anyone want to meet up in Houston and caravan out there? The WTFs we got on 610 last time were priceless...

If we're going to do an EGR cleaning, sign me up! What should I bring?
"Donnie" - Red 2000 M/T w/AC #2217, 289,000 miles, 62.2 LMPG, best tank: 84 mpg
Mods: Soundproofing, 5g Civic hatch armrest, JDM Alarm, upgraded stereo with hands-free + USB, LED lighting, rear wiper delete, XM Radio, 3M Crystalline 70%
lach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lach View Post
Can't wait, hoping to have my car mostly re-assembled in time for the meet. Anyone want to meet up in Houston and caravan out there? The WTFs we got on 610 last time were priceless...

If we're going to do an EGR cleaning, sign me up! What should I bring?
a caravan to the coffee and cars would be good or even a caravan back.

for the EGR cleaning, I was bringing the tools, so I dont think anything else would be needed. Maybe some carb cleaner.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Speaking of Houston, what happened to the turbo project, other than a squabble? I haven't seen any results posted. I am very interested in how this came out.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsux View Post
Speaking of Houston, what happened to the turbo project, other than a squabble? I haven't seen any results posted. I am very interested in how this came out.

Sam
i think the owner of the car can reply better on this one, but overall, the shop didnt really do the work right, messed up things on his car, returned the car in non-working condition and other things...The owner had to take it to another shop to fix the things that shop messed up. So i wouldn't really want to buy a turbo kit developed by that shop.

but lets not change the subject of this thread to that, and keep the topic on this meet.

Last edited by 02insight; 06-14-2011 at 10:45 PM.
02insight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02insight View Post
i think the owner of the car can reply better on this one, but overall, the shop didnt really do the work right, messed up things on his car, returned the car in non-working condition and other things...The owner had to take it to another shop to fix the things that shop messed up. So i wouldn't really want to buy a turbo kit developed by that shop.

but lets not change the subject of this thread to that, and keep the topic on this meet.
We should see if we can get Mike to start a thread about his whole build. It's very interesting. High quality work (turbo fiasco excluded of course).

Back on topic: if we need a garage/driveway to do our wrenching after the meet, we can use mine. My neighbors already think I'm some kind of weirdo with my new license plate and all...
Mods: Soundproofing, 5g Civic hatch armrest, JDM Alarm, upgraded stereo with hands-free + USB, LED lighting, rear wiper delete, XM Radio, 3M Crystalline 70%
Old 06-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lach View Post
Back on topic: if we need a garage/driveway to do our wrenching after the meet, we can use mine. My neighbors already think I'm some kind of weirdo with my new license plate and all...
thanks for offering your place. I suppose at the C&C meet we can discuss where to go afterwards, your place or somewhere else.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

a new member has also offered their place for EGR / grid charger install session. Its closer to the meet's location in the northwest.

We now have 7 insight people in Houston who are also on insightncetral.net . Hopefully everyone can make it to this meet.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02insight View Post
Hopefully everyone can make it to this meet.
Sorry, guys. My wife and I will be at the meet... in our Land Cruiser. The Insight is not going to be done in time. I have the front fascia and the interior removed for several mods I'm working on for an upcoming road trip. Can't wait to see all the other pretty Insights all lined up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in