Honda Insight Forum banner

Nor Cal Insight Meet Up?

8K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  Willie Williford 
#1 ·
Is anyone interested this summer in a meetup with local Insight owners?

It could be totally casual, but seeing if there is any interest. I know that Jeff and I are relatively close living in the San Francisco Bay Area, so let see interest and when you could be available.

I'm thinking sometime in July or August? Lets see the responses!!

#2 ·
I'm interested!

I'd be willing to do a tech session (trans stuff?), and we should have a MPG challenge :D (as long as diamondlarry doesn't come :p)

#3 ·
That sounds great Jeff. I'm a part time photographer on the side of my day job so I can do the picture honors.

Hahaha, what's up with diamondlarry? Maybe he can give us pointers if he comes! I'd like to see how everyone drives so we can learn from each other.

There's a nice nice stretch of "almost" car free road in the mountains parallel to the pennisula on Skyline Boulevard (route 35) between Highway 92 and down to Saratoga Open reserves.

See this Google Map for details: CA-35 S/Skyline Blvd to CA-9 S/Big Basin Way - Google Maps

I think it's a good route as it's not the freeway, it's speed limit is in the 40s and we won't sweat too much if cars are tailing us. We can start from 92 and drive down to our endpoint at Saratago Open Reserves where we can have a hang out, grab lunch session.

#6 ·
NOR CAL MEET
When? As to Skyline blvd(rte35) this is not agood location on summer(or any) weekend- to many road boulders, and bikes(both kinds)! A weekday getogether there woild be fine. I do not have another place in mind- but have been on many roads around there and know the weekend traffic.
ed, pescadero cal

#7 ·
I'm off on all three days, so we can do this..

Vote!
Day you want the event?
A) Friday: July 6th,
B) Saturday: July 7th
C) Sunday: July 8th

How long do you want the meetup to be?
A) 1-2 hours
B) 3-4 hours
C) More than 4 hours

Lets vote by Monday June 25th and figure things out!

#10 ·
I vote for:
C) Sunday
B) 3-4 hours

My wife will probably want the 1-2 hour time frame but she'll be a captive audiance at that point. In some ways the question of what time during the day is just as important since I'll be there with her site seeing. So make it a cool place that will keep her happy! haha

#9 ·
My votes:

C) Sunday 8th

C) more than 4 hours.

Willie

#11 · (Edited)
Also, we are looking at two different BestWesterns to stay for the 3 nights there, need some feedback please on these two areas:

1) 600 N Mathilda Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
2) 5375 Owens Ct, Pleasanton, CA 94588

Prices are good but not having lived there need a little insight from you guys, I'm leaning towards Sunnyvale as I think there is more to do around that area and we can shoot straight up the peninsula to SF? Recommendations?

#13 ·
If I were you stay at the Sunnyvale location because you can be in SF in about 40 minutes. There's not much out there in Pleasanton.

Some of us live or work down there in the south bay so we can make a trip up north to SF and have a rendezvous point up there. Ideally is like to get as many insights to Treasure Island as possible since that would be a great backdrop and also a nice place to chill without feeling like we need to find parking.

Maybe we can have an informal MPG challenge can still happen just from the south bay up to SF ..

#14 ·
Looks like C) Sunday 8th July is the day!

We are still undecided on time and duration and of course location.

For location: I vote for Treasure Island as a meet up place. For those from the southbay, we can have a meetup and head over to treasure island. Scenic location: check. Away from cars: check.

#15 ·
I have booked at the Sunnyvale hotel, address listed above. If you want to meet me there for a morning get together and then we'll all drive up together that would be cool. But if it is in the afternoon wife and I may already be down in SF site seeing, in that case we'd just meet everyone there.

#16 ·
While you are in SF, if you go downtown, go to Oasis Grill at 91 Drumm Street and get a spicy chicken Shawerma combo. I eat these things two to three times a week they are so good!!

:)

BTW, I have those trunk clips after all. Which day are you coming to my house?

#19 ·
Honestly, if it is not in the south bay, I probably won't make it. I can't spare that much time away right now.

We could have it at my place if we need a location.

#22 ·
If we do it at my place, I will set up the MPG challenge, print routes, and even time it ahead of time for reasonableness.

I'll show everyone why the 5 speed tranny's grind and how the single cone conversion works.

Hrmm what else can I do to bribe people to come here hahahah

#25 ·
Free Beer hahah I love it! That and shade and chairs and interesting Insight things to look at

#27 ·
Need a day and time? Early Sat or Sun afternoon work best for me. Still need to try and get time in SF with the wife or I'll have a very unhappy drive back to AZ.

#30 ·
It's your house Jeff :)

So lets roll call who will be there. Sunday, July 8th @ 2pm @ Jeff's house. Jeff can send his address to those that respond.

Beer, drinks, light snacks potluck style. I can bring some beer and egg rolls.

1. Jeff652
2. Kitkit201

#29 ·
It's your house Jeff, you dictate the times.

Willie

#31 ·
I will be there sometime from 2-5, not sure I can pin down an exact time since we'll be doing site seeing stuff but yes will be there at some point. Will shoot for two, three at latest.

#33 · (Edited)
Looking foreword to seeing everyone. Need to clean the garage up hahahah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.