Hudson Valley NY Insight meet/club? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hudson Valley NY Insight meet/club?

I am located in Kingston, NY. I see quite a few Gen1 Insights around. Anyone interested in a meetup and/or informal club? Post here, or I can be reached at hvinsightclub(atsign)gmail.com.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

if you guys decide to do something a little further south, i would be interested! i am at the very southern end of westchester county. so something in northern westchester or putnam would be feasible.

im also moving to SC in may, so it would have to be before then! haha
Past Vehicles:
'00 Honda Insight, '06 Honda CBR600f4i, '93 Mazda MX-3, '91 Honda Civic
ikhoudvanu199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Hudson Valley Insight Club?

Seriously, I've seen about 15 of these around. Anyone near Kingston want to get together some time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm a few years late to the party, having just purchased my Gen1, but I'm interested in a face to face.

On the 99mpg page there are a couple customers of Mike's who are local - 1 in Kingston, 1 in Accord. I would love to see and discuss their use of a grid charger.
kfree2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Hudson Valley Insight Club

Thanks for posting. Send me a PM with your contact information and I'll give you a call. I actually just heard from a woman with a 2002 MT who is interested in getting together for Insight information exchange.
Alex
Old 10-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

i was on my way back from NJ the other day in a Prius and decided to hyper mile behind an insight which ended up getting off the Kingston exit. Anyone have a car with stickers on the wheel spats down there?
Zappp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm down in Beacon. I do see quite a few running around. Not sure if they are on this site though.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Hudson Valley Insight Club Meetup

Let's try to schedule a meetup. I'm suggesting the Rosendale Cafe some Saturday afternoon. I once saw three Insights there in one day, but didn't catch the owners.

Last edited by Sasha; 11-05-2017 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm near the Queens / Nassau line, I suck at making it to more local events. While a meet-up might be real nice, I'm kind of interested in finding someone "local" that might share a grid charger in the future. I've yet to take a deep look into them. I do understand this is linked to memory effect and a chemical wall that builds up, or at least that's been my previous experience with Ni-Cad based cyclers. I've seen post titles "build your own" and I have the skills and probably the parts already. I'm a new 1 week owner of a 2010 and I'm still on a steep slope learning curve with hybrids and the Insight. One day I'll look at grid charger design and theory.

Good luck on the meet up
nedbal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Mid-Hudson Valley Insight Stalker Seeks Meet Up!

I live in Beacon, NY, and I work up and down the Hudson Valley. I have wanted an Insight since first they became available, and finally, about a year ago, I procured my dream car--a 2000 Insight with manual transmission, a bit of a project. I revived the little guy, filled him with tools, and we've enjoyed 20,000 miles together so far.

Clearly, I am late to this party, but I've been posting entries on "I Saw an Insight..." which sound a bit like something from Craigs List "Missed Connections."

Clearly, I would love to meet up with other Hudson Valley 1st Gen Insight owners.

Last edited by windymcg; 12-04-2017 at 08:30 PM.
windymcg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in