2014 New england Hybrid meet - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 New england Hybrid meet

Hi Guys, well I think we need to have another big meet at my place.
http://99mpg.com/Workshops/newenglandhybridfe/

I am crazy busy trying to tie up the rest of the aspects of my solar install, so I can get the full benefit, and need to continue the progress on Rays Lithium pack design and construction, as well as the million other projects on the list, but I have to admit it was really nice to get so many hybrid fans together, so I am offering to host another event.

I am thinking that the same approximate time of year would be good for me.
I have committed to present my Plugging Into The Sun workshop at both Solarfest SolarFest | 20th Year July 18-20, 2014 Tinmouth VT , and the garlic and arts festival North Quabbin Garlic & Arts Festival | Two Days of Peace, Love and Garlic! Sept 27-28
so August looks good.
Open to suggested dates, so we don't conflict with other gatherings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mike Dabrowski 2000; 05-25-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Mike Dabrowski 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Soooo tempting to go. Must... resist....

If I go, my son will make me drive the van there so he can kidnap Sparkie the Robot back to Wisconsin!

Plus, now that we fixed a dead pinball machine at our home, he will want to clear off your pinball machine and get it up and running!

608-729-4082

Mobile service also available

Last edited by ericbecky; 04-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Eric, sounds like you have to come. Sparkie the robot has been asking me where your son was since he has not had anyone ride around in him since last year. Love to see Sparkie have a new home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default NE hybrid fest when?

No response? guess people will get enough socializing at the other gatherings?
We can have the event on August 8-9-10, or 15-16-17, or 22-23-24

Like last year, my big yard will be available for camping out, and we have plenty of indoors space for sleeping bags, and one fold out bed that Jime has used for the last 2 years.

Instead of me picking a weekend, if anyone has a preference, here is your chance to lock in a date to your liking.

People that will attend please put down your name and preferred date.
Mike D
Eric P & son ?
Ian?
Paul Provost ?
Jim E(any of 3 dates)

Last edited by Mike Dabrowski 2000; 04-16-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mike, I don't know why folks don't respond promptly. I suspect that lots of folks only read the forum once/week or so. I also have the same problem getting responses for the Mid-Atlantic meet. It is a frustration to an organizer. One thing I've found helpful is to build a group e-mail list for the meet and remind folks that way. Apparently folks read their e-mail more frequently than IC. Go figure

I know of one other long distance guy who attended last year and plans to attend this year, so there are folks out there who will most certainly attend.

I don't think that folks "burn out" on the meets. Since the 3 meets being discussed are far apart, I'd just expect a mostly different set of folks at each meet. I am one of those guys who really looks forward to the New England meet.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

The 25-26-27 August dates are best for my calendar. I would love to be able to drive my citrus there, otherwise I may have to tag along with someone. I really enjoyed my first NE event last year!

Insight T-Shirts 4Sale: PM Me.
Monte Carlo Blue 01 5spd w/CRZ seats
CDN Aquamarine Blue 01 DDSOLD to fellow Insighter friend
Silver 01 5spd #0160 Sold to fellow Insight owner
Citrus #1159 Sold to Insight Fan
Red '00 A/C project SOLD to fellow Insighter friend
Citrus #2083
Sold to a fellow Insight owner.
Red '01 A/C parts car.
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi Pete,
Ok that is a vote for that weekend, lets give people another day or two to speak up, and we can solidify the event for then.
Last year was the second New England hybrid meet, and was twice the size of the first.

Last edited by Mike Dabrowski 2000; 04-16-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

I hope I haven't missed all of the excitement. Count me in and I'll make room on my schedule for it. 25-27 is fine for me as are the other two weekends.

I actually got outside for a few days while the weather was nice.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default mistake in the dates

As we did last time, cut and paste the list to your response, and add your name.

MikeD
freezin4
WillS
Paul Provost
Jime

Last edited by Mike Dabrowski 2000; 04-16-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Isn't august 25-27 a mon-wed? I vote for the weekend of August 16-17. Why? Friday August 15 is the Boston one gallon challenge. A 100 mile eco race to Boston trying to only use one gallon of fuel. There will be many one off homebuilt high mpg cars entering, mostly three wheelers. A few Ecommoded cars hypermiling too. I highly suggest reconsidering the date.

Boston GreenFest 2014

I might enter it this year. And it would provide good synergy with the New England meet. We might even be able to get some of more unique entrants to stop on by at the NE hybrid meet during the weekend.
Sheepdog 44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in