Caravan - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage
Default Caravan

Shamelessly steeling Willies idea on 'The Wagon Train' to Insightfest in Madison, I have hijacked the idea to suggest caravanning to the New England meet at Mikes'.

I'm in central PA and noticed 12 potential drivers to join in from west, south, and east of here.

Already got some responses and it's looking like there's 5 'possibles' already.

I pm'd a number of folk including: rayholan, jime, atikovi, wills, freezin4, geocougar, catawalks, galevin, sasha, 06 blue, crxnut2, dsteele713, kly3cyl (attending fest in Madison).

Potential route from my area is I-80, I-81, I-84 to Hartford area, I-384, US-44 (scenic route thru CT), I-395 to Mikes. Route could be modified to accommodate.

Should be fun.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, MIMA, currently "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Mountain driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 03:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Looking like 5 or 6 so far. PM'd a bunch of folk, anymore want to join in ?
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Old 07-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I probably will drive from IN but taking the GF and dropping her off in Rochester so she can see family. I take it that the caravan will not be going thru Rochester?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Galevin, I don't have my list with me at the moment, but there's someone from up that way joining the caravan east of Hartford. I think he's running I-90 then dropping down into the Hartford area. I'll get the list in the morning and find out. We'll be heading east out of Hartford on I-384 and US 44 (scenic route across CT).

Edit: Found him in my pm file: WillS.

Edit, edit: maybe you 2 could meet up and ride I-90 together ?
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go

Last edited by Mountain driver; 07-25-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Is the caravan going to arrive on Thursday or sometime on Friday? I don't have an itinerary, but we'll be driving up the east coast from Orlando.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Looking at Friday travel to arrive Friday. You comin' up I-95 ? Maybe you could go up past New Haven, CT to Hartford area and join in for the scenic road on US-44 ? I'll look up the meet spot east of Hartford and reply back shortly.

I know it's more direct to stay on 95 then hit 395.

Would enjoy adding another Insight to the caravan.

edit: I think Geocougar is leaving out of NW Jersey, may / may not fit into your route plan.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go

Last edited by Mountain driver; 07-25-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Looks like 5 for sure, 1 strong maybe, and 2 more interested. I have pm'd the specific meet up areas. I'll provide updates as we get closer to travel day, which for the one day drivers is Friday August 15th. Timing will be interesting.

Mountain driver
WillS
Geocougar
Freezin4
Dsteele

Rayholan (strong maybe)
Galevin (interested ?)
Rainsux (interested ?)
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Old 08-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

Bump. Any more ? A nice rural ride through eastern CT.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Old 08-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain driver View Post
Bump. Any more ? A nice rural ride through eastern CT.
I'd love to come. My Family is half in Pittsburgh and Half in Vermont/Conneticut. Unfortunately just like the Midwest meet when I was in Germany I will be too busy this weekend. I am bringing my son back to his mothers to start school in Florida that Monday. Maybe I will pass someone on the way as I am leaving Friday for Florida. Have fun!
00 A6 2.7t w/light mods
Captain_Insight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by galevin View Post
I probably will drive from IN but taking the GF and dropping her off in Rochester so she can see family. I take it that the caravan will not be going thru Rochester?
Can start a mini caravan here.
My schedule is flexible and came meet up anywhere from the Lake to the thruway or just pretty much anywhere.

sending privates now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in