2015 UK Insight Owners Day - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2015, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default 2015 UK Insight Owners Day

2015 UK Insight Owners Day

This is just a placeholder at present for ideas for the 2015 event and to facilitate discussion of the format etc.
European/Irish Members all welcome.

I'm not offering to organise the 2015 gathering, i'm just posting this to promote discussion.

If anyone wants to volunteer to PM or e-mail anyone who expressed an interest in the last two years gatherings or other UK/EU members then we might get some serious interest.

As the admin here I can obtain a txt file containing all the users who put the locations, UK, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, or Europe when registering. The list also contains the e-mail address and last activity date/time.

Perhaps someone in UK wants to volunteer to got through it and any UK/EU and e-mail or PM all those who have been active on the site in the last 12 months and have at least 5 posts to give them the heads up.

If my house work continues on target I might be able to host the 2016 event

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2015, 06:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Bump

No interest this year then

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
Old 05-12-2015, 03:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
and two dogs

Sorry - missed this! Perhaps everybody else is busy doing something with the good weather?

I'd certainly love to see your place next year, Peter.

As for this year, I'll assist anyone with my experiences of last year's Bromsgrove event, if that is of help. It's not at all difficult and we're a resourceful and appreciative bunch

Suggestions folks?
Citrus 2000 MT UK spec 201k miles VIN#000032
Michelin Energy Saver plus, OBDC&C, rebuilt gearbox with new bearings, lots of dog hair. Best 103 miles @ 122 mpg cold start
UK_MJN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Y47

Sadly I don't have time to organize anything, but I'd be keen to join in if anyone else does.

I really enjoyed Bromsgrove 2014. Anyone who hasn't been to an Insight gathering before should certainly try it, as the owners are a very nice and interesting bunch.
Y47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

I missed this message earlier - I would like to assist - share the load with anyone for a meet this year given Bromsgrove is so central it makes sense to use again if it's still available. As it's late in the year for organising from scratch maybe everything from last year
osteo999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Although I liked Bromsgrove I'm not sure I would want to go back again this year.
So many other places to try countrywide.

It would be nice to piggy back onto a car show somewhere to stir up a bit of outside interest in the cars as well.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default What about Beaulieu?

I probably won't be able the dates but how's this for an idea... arrange an Insight gathering alongside

International Autojumble at Beaulieu National Motor Museum

5/6th Sept...
Old 05-25-2015, 04:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Not a bad idea

bloody long way away for me but not a bad idea.

Who want's to contact them to see what they say?

I could be available then.

Alternatively the low carbon vehicle show is on at Millbrook on 9/10th Sept and I'm def going to this anyway.

http://www.cenex-lcv.co.uk/2015/

+ You get to drive cars around the proving track and banked circuit.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'll enquire on the arrangements for Beaulieu. Millbrook isn't a bad idea either, though it being midweek could limit attendance.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Beaulieu is an option... Sunday 6th Sept

OK, I checked with Beaulieu and it's an option - they may be able to keep an area in the car park for us to rendezvous, and discounted admission applies during this particular weekend with the cheapest rate available online through Beaulieu National Motor Museum, House and Garden in the New Forest (1 day adults 12.70 - 2 day adults 24.50).

International Autojumble - Tickets and Pricing Information

Admission includes entry to the National Motor Museum featuring ‘The Story of British Land Speed Records’, Palace House & Gardens including Mill Pond Walk, Abbey including exhibition of Monastic Life, Monorail and Wheels Ride including ‘Secret Army/SOE’ exhibition and Top Gear Experience including Autojumble event.

I'd be happy to coordinate the event at Beaulieu if there was enough interest; I'd suggest meeting there at 9am on Sunday - there'll be lots to see and do, and people may want to escape early to get home.

Accommodation nearby could be an issue - a quick look at hotels.com sees that this is a busy time of year. It might be necessary to book somewhere like Salisbury - eg Salisbury Bed and Breakfast | B&B | Sarum College, Christian Education and Conference Venue in Salisbury, England - and then have a 30-mile drive in the morning, to arrive at Beaulieu together.

If we said let's do Beaulieu on 6th September, who's in?

forum name / real name / guests
1. Ewan

Last edited by ewan; 05-26-2015 at 02:34 PM.
ewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in