RetepSnikrep at Insight Fest 2016 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2016, 06:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default RetepSnikrep at Insight Fest 2016

Just a heads up on stuff I hope to do at this great event assuming I can get all my kit on the plane and through customs.

Any special requests etc or bits people want me to bring, then add them to this thread please.

I intend to enjoy the company, generous hospitality and all the lectures and demos by the various gurus attending.
I hope to meet and chat with everyone during the course of the event and answer any questions you might have.

I hope to be able to offer an IMAC&C and OBDIIC&C clinic, where owners with issues, queries or wanting software upgrades can grab me to assist them.
For owners of early guages still using the 16F886 chips I will be bringing some of the current 18F2620 ones and can install/program them in situ for you.
Ideas on numbers might be useful....

I'll be doing sessions on my devices and programming them during the weekend anyway.

Anything else people want from me?

Cu all soon. Peter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 08-13-2016 at 06:28 AM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Peter,

I'm still interested in testing out a "Boost" button option for the P&P IMAC&C (per discussion in that thread). If a beta becomes available, I can plug it in and test it prior to the fest. Races this and next weekends.

B
bluesight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Time is the factor i'm afraid. But you never know..

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Linsight Designer

I'm excited to exchange ideas with you, Peter!
On the tech support side, the preassembled OBDIIC&C I purchased from you a few years back has slowly lost it's ancillary functions - first no backlight, then no beeper - but the core functionality is still going strong so I haven't bothered troubleshooting... mainly because the screen and motherboard PCBs are permanently soldered together. If you're around and curious, it'll be in my car .

-John
Old 08-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudder View Post
I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Getting your two brains together might cause some kind of power outage.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsux View Post
I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Getting your two brains together might cause some kind of power outage.

Sam
Certainly a creativity spike...

Who knows what wonderful creations this Meet could so easily inspire... It'll be fun to find out as time goes on!

Roger
who has added a query to the Caravan from the east coast thread, hoping to get something going

Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is useless.
- Soichiro Honda
crx_rogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudder View Post
On the tech support side, the preassembled OBDIIC&C I purchased from you a few years back has slowly lost it's ancillary functions. ...
Mine's doing great except for losing a single pixel line, the second line from the bottom... In other words it's doing great. And it gets plenty of very helpful daily use via my mini-PHEV approach, charging the pack with electricity instead of gas.

Roger
crx_rogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Is mr represnipink the man to see about the the obd||c&c set ups,I hear it's a must have for insights,,his he bringing some basic starter models for us newbies to buy,
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

How much are these obd boxes,
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

You'll get answers by emailing Peter at the address in his signature line. He doesn't always see questions here right away.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in