2005 Tokyo Motor Show Preview: 3 Honda Concepts - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2005 Tokyo Motor Show Preview: 3 Honda Concepts

These Honda concepts are interesting, especially for small dog owners . I like the Sports4 and Wow. Click the additional link for a few pictures:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news- ... s_id=13124

P.S. Here is one that will be of interest to James - the Mazda Senku - a rotary engined hybrid....

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news- ... s_id=13123
2005 Insight, UK Spec Silver 5 speed with Grid Charger, IMA C&C, Alpine stereo & subwoofer & iPod link, Focal component speakers, rear Gaz shocks & Matiz springs, Shark Fin aerial, sound deadened rear shelf, 'InsightCentral' reg plates
Also own 2011 Mk2 Insight ES. Previous owner of 1999 Japanese Silver 5sp, 2001 UK Citrus 5sp & 2000 Japanese Red CVT
Honda Insight - An extraordinary car for ordinary people
The Citrus Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I saw the article earlier today about the Mazda Senku. I Like it

Best Commute 74 MPG

Best Day Ever 92.56 Miles using 0 gallons. Average 20.3 MPH by bike
cainsight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't know about the Mazda. On the one hand it's an interesting concept, but on the other, a 4-seat sports car? That's just not possible.

I rather like the idea of the dog-friendly Honda, though - even though mine (about 100 lbs) likes riding in the hatch. She seems to think of it as a den...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
james is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Sports4 looks like a cheap copy of the Mazda 6.
Absolutely booooring design imo .

The FCX on the other hand has a very interesting silhouette.
No. 166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Further articles here -

The Sports4 might be the future shape of the Accord (not that boring No.166 !)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/news/n ... dbid=30660

and more details about the Mazda as well - solar roof?!? (like that is going to make it into the production version )

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/147/
2005 Insight, UK Spec Silver 5 speed with Grid Charger, IMA C&C, Alpine stereo & subwoofer & iPod link, Focal component speakers, rear Gaz shocks & Matiz springs, Shark Fin aerial, sound deadened rear shelf, 'InsightCentral' reg plates
Also own 2011 Mk2 Insight ES. Previous owner of 1999 Japanese Silver 5sp, 2001 UK Citrus 5sp & 2000 Japanese Red CVT
Honda Insight - An extraordinary car for ordinary people
The Citrus Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Not bad in profile. Get rid of the extra seats, shorten it about 6", and dump the stupid-looking doors, and it might fly

But the solar panel on the roof is dumb. Far better to leave the panel on your roof at home, feeding energy to the grid all day.

|
|
Old 10-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think that they must have hired a bunch of completey INSANE people!

However, I like the dog space. If it includes its own cliimate control, that would be ideal. They seem to have a blower pointed at the dog. Perhaps that is to simulate the 'head out the window' feeling since the dog apparently would not be able to do that anylonger when placed in his little dog box space.

The WOW is fun, but I would rather see the flat rear entry like in the Element for easy in and out of stored item.

I am sure they'll fast a few more weaks and when completely delerious come up with some lizard and rat seats as well...

'01 Red 5 spd w/Turbo Kit 000001 (Edwin)
Yokohama E100s 185/60/R14

'01 Red 5 spd (Jane)
Bridgestone RE92 OEMs
figgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Subterfuge3927

Problem with a rotary hybrid, is that while rotary offer some of the best rpm limits and torque in ICE designs, thay are also the LEAST FE of ICE designs... why make it a hybrid? To keep the FE close to a standard ICE?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm not sure about the fuel economy. At least with my old RX3, it wasn't too bad on the highway, but made up for it by being terrible around town. (I had to drive long distances - like Phoenix-Las Vegas-Gallup - then, so was usually cruising 80+ and still averaging in the high 20s). So if the hybrid could be used to keep the rotary running at its best efficiency, maybe the fuel economy would be ok.

|
|
Old 10-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

For those of you who don't read slashdot, Here is a link to more hard info on the new FCX
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2005..._more_pow.html

here's the link to slashdot if you want to get in on thier disscussion.
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article...id=126&tid=137
flunkysama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in