2006 at my Honda Dealer's today - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2005, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2006 at my Honda Dealer's today

I stopped by my local Honda Dealer today & was surprised to see an 06 Insight parked in the lot.

Try the link to my photos below.

It had the CD player & 4 speakers, 5 speed stick, differant color seats. Sticker price was $21,080. I will take my 01 Automatic in tomorrow to talk trade.
Dave in Kansas

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aerocar/d ... pg&.src=ph
aerocar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2005, 03:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Good photo, nice color.

The laws of physics don't need changing, but rather our attitude and values. 72.8 LMPG
b1shmu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm jealous. Mine isn't due until late Jan - Feb.

Speed safely.
SteveChicagoSC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Test drive of 06 Insight

I just returned home from test driving the 06 Insight I wrote about yesterday. It only has 12 miles showing & I love the new small.

I told them what I would need for my 01 Insight CVT with 69,000 miles.

After some negotionations they agreed to my figures. I will think it over & decide by Mon.

If I get this car my wife wants to trade in her 04 Civic Hybrid in for an 06. They will have an Opal Silver Blue Metallic one in by Dec 31st.

The 06 Civic Hybrid brochere says at speeds under 35 mph & light throttle it runs on batteries only. It also says 50mpg in town & 50 mpg highway. That's better than our 04 but these figures hard to get.

We will see who gets a new hybrid Mon.
Dave in Kansas
Old 12-09-2005, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default My 06 Insight will be here Dec,16,06

My Wichita ,KS Honda Dealer finally got busy & found me a Silver 06 CVT Insight yesterday. It's 804 miles from here but I should have it in a week.

If you are looking for one try "Autotrader". I found five 05s and one 06 within a days drive from Wichita. It will give you the Dealer's email & phone# & miles from your zip code.

If you are looking for an 06 call Alan Makabi at Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids Iowa, 877-334 0733. He has an 06 -5 speed now and a Blue 06 CTV coming mid Dec.

If a new 05, CVT will work call Marc Verner at O'Neill Honda in Overland Park ,KS. 888-874 5243. There are two more 05s in the Chicago area.

Dave in Kansas
PS My wife's 06 Civic Hybrid will be here Dec 31 so I should have my Insight first Yaa-Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rick

On the civic, you might want to wait until Jan 1st to take delivery so you can get the new tax credit.
92 Saturn SC2 Electric, Arizona Alt fuel plate "ZEROGAS"
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default 06 Tax credits on Hybrids???

Ricky & All,
We understood that we can get $2000 tax credits each on our 06 Inight & 06 Civic Hybrid if purchased in 2005.

Is there more tax credit in 2006?

Our dealer is not too helpful here. They say to talk to our tax advisor.(We don't have one)

Dave in Kansas
Old 12-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default credit vs deduction

For 2005 it is a $2000 deduction for hybrids. For 2006 it is a variable tax credit, but does not apply to the Insight with a manual, only the CVT. A deduction means you can lower your taxable income by $2000, so if you're in a 15% bracket that will save you $300 in taxes, in a 28% bracket it will save you $560. Also the deduction will lower your income for state taxes as well. For 2006 you get a credit, which lowers your federal tax bill dollar for dollar.
So a $1000 credit is 2 to 3 times better than a $2000 deduction.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default I picked up my 2006 Insight today

Today was an exciting & at the same time sad day. I traded in my 2001 bue Insight today for a shinny new silver 2006. (Both can be seen in the link below.)

I will miss my 01 & will always remember what a great car it has been. I have not had one problem with it in the 17.000 miles since I bought it. It is already sold to a nice College student who has looked for several years for the right Insight. I hope to see it around town in the future.

Both cars have the CVT and are almost identical. The 06 does have a CD player with 4 speakers with a much better sound. The interior is a lighter color & the headrest have a peek hole. Dave in Kansas

<http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aerocar/album?.dir=/288d&.src=ph&.tok=phyR1HEBBZBZwd_m>
Old 12-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default New link to 2006 Insight pickup photos

Try this link for some photos taken at my Honda Dealer's today.
Dave in Kansas.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aerocar/a ... EBBZBZwd_m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in