any miata lovers in the house? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default any miata lovers in the house?

I know I heard some of you guys talking

hear ye right here yee s
a bit of eye candy that just might get you checking and/ or your savings
https://www.autocarnewshq.com/2016/1...and-price.html

I'm not believe in it all just yet
Not sure there are enough of us around to make it worth their while to make the molds and stamp the panels eco max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Smile

I will park it between my AP1 S2000 and ZE1. Wished Honda would offer it in USA with a manual without Rev surge during upshifts. Unlike all their current manuals.
AP1ZE1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi Will, hope you are well!
Yes there are lots of MX5 fans on here. JimE used to race them (after MGs and BMWs).
I owned a 99 NB, and just sold it a couple of years ago.
I have an S660 Brochure from Japan and I love the car, but would like to have a bigger engine in it. A couple of years ago I test drive a Honda Beat at Carlisle, PA, and I concluded it would be hard for me to live with that small of an engine in the US.
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2017, 05:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

I own a 1995, and Rainsux has a few.

See pics attached below. Next to it is my buddies B20B swapped EG hatch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170613_180427.jpg (198.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20170613_180438.jpg (124.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20170613_180502.jpg (203.1 KB, 11 views)

~The weirdest fur you will ever meet O.o rwar!
Balto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Great little cars - nearly bullet proof. I think the later cars look heavy and awkward compared to the early cars, 1999 or so, but maybe just my taste.

Raced a near stock 1600cc version for several years, before moving up to a lightly modified 1800cc version. Great fun until creeping old age and lack of reflexes forced me to stop.

Here on the east coast, the 1600 version is raced lowered with a spring and shock kit from Mazda. I could never really get the hang of that setup since there was only 1/2 inch of suspension before the bump stops - kinda like a go cart. Racing about as cheap as it gets!

Would love to have one in my driveway, but property tax, inspections, registrations and insurance just eat you up on multiple cars here in VA.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had a '91 Eunos Roadster (an import rebrand version of what we call the Mazda MX-5 down here) for about 8 years.

It was metallic silver, with updated ECU and 2" exhaust from the extractors back.

I loved it.
redsim74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

redsim74 I just got the note that I had a post to my thread. It's always nice to have had - have a car that's loved. Thanks for posting from downunder and enjoy the winter down your way as much as we up this ways are trying to enjoy the summer.
Anyways, I knew there were at least a few members here that have talked about the Mazda
which the S6660 seems to look a little bit alike.

continued in next post.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default so many posts

Hey all (yous) guys/gals that posted above.
I finally found the Glen - Watkins Glen the day the porsche carrera team was running the track. So I couldn't take my suzuki out for a spin although I was able to watch the team as the cars made a few turns after the long straight then disappeared up the far hill and down the backside of the track. That is the first car I thought of as far a looks when I saw the S666 ad.

Jime I drove a spitfire back from FLA back in the late 60's - pouring rain all the way through GA and the Carolinas - so much so that the spray (if you can call it that) from the truck tires was like being inside a tubing wave in the ocean. An extremely weird driving experience to say the least. I was sure glad the spitfire top was tight.

Last edited by WillS; 06-28-2017 at 11:06 AM. Reason: location location location
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in