Warranty increase to 10yrs/150,000miles for certain Insights - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Warranty increase to 10yrs/150,000miles for certain Insights

Honda will announce tomorrow that certain 2002 to 2004 Insights will have the IMA warranty extended to 10 years or 150,000 miles. This will be in the 43 states not already covered by the 150,000 mile warranty. I just got off the phone with Honda customer service and they confirmed it, although they were not aware of it until I called. I found out today when Hagerstown Honda called to inform me they had recieved an email, and that my IMA replacement would be covered by the extended warranty. How about that, I scooped Honda customer service
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Any explanation as to why 2001 is not covered?

Jim
'01 #1600
5 Speed, Monte Carlo Blue
Purchased Feb. 2004
jtmco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Or the 2000 model?
Resist is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2006, 04:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

When they make the announcement, perhaps they will say why it's only those model years. The woman I spoke with read part of the announcement, and it simply stated, "certain 2002, 03 & 04 Insights", so it may not include every Insight from those model years. She said they go by the VIN number in determining if the car is eligible or not. I'm just glad mine was covered.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ok Bill you scooped us all.

And I've posted your credit in the original "limited" warranty extension thread.

So as housekeeping task I'm locking this one and redirecting replies to its predecessor:

General Discussion
US IMA warranty extension [edit] UPDATED to all 50 states!
https://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... c&start=45

Sincerely,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Insightful Trekker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in