2009 - 2 new hybrids - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2009 - 2 new hybrids

According to the local dealer who recently returned from some Honda-France sales meeting, it's confirmed that they'll have 2 new hybrids for 2009 here in France! One is the coupe, the other some sort of Jazz-sized family car. Prices are of course unknown for now but according to him, they're going to have to be super competitive because Honda has apparently decided they want to be biggest seller of hybrids in Europe (maybe outside of Europe also but at the meeting they were only talking about Europe). His reasoning was that if Honda wants to sell the numbers they're talking about, the only way they'll be able to achieve that is via low pricing because Europe in general, and especially France, is totally dominated by diesel engines. And as good as Honda's diesel is (I've driven the diesel Civic and it's fantastic), they've for whatever reason decided to throw their efforts into gas hybrids rather than diesels. So if they're going to attract diesel buyers, they're going to have to have excellent prices and way low fuel consumption figures.
All good news for me because if the coupe is what has been shown at shows, or at least close to it, Honda has one sale coming up, assuming of course the fuel consumption figures are closer to my Insights numbers rather than the current Prius.
enders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Anything going on over there re. that VW two seater we've been hearing about?

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not that I've ever seen but then I don't pay much attention either.
enders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Re: 2009 - 2 new hybrids

VWs one-litre-car is where it belongs.... in a museum.
I said before it will not see the light of day and it hasn't arrived yet either.

Back to topic !!

Can't wait to see these new Hybrids arriving on European roads. I am so sick of my Toyota Prius.
I want a decent car again !!
No. 166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

It really is taking a bit for these things to come out. My car is 8 years old, had it since June 2001... still the only real hybrid option is a Prius (with the Insight being out of production). Luckily, Honda makes a good product, so my car has at least lasted me this long. (worrying about jinxing the car...)
JimmyHiggins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 166
VWs one-litre-car is where it belongs.... in a museum. I said before it will not see the light of day and it hasn't arrived yet either.
Ahem.

Before you badmouth other cars, you might want to do some more internet googling. VW has already announced they are producing the 1 Liter car (240 MPG car) for release in mid-2009. However like the Lupo 3L, it will not be available in France, only Germany.
- and both rated 50+ mpg (old EPA test)
ElectricTroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricTroy
However like the Lupo 3L, it will not be available in France, only Germany.
Sooo.... maybe you need to move to Germany??
red1dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Don't suggest impractical solutions.
- and both rated 50+ mpg (old EPA test)
ElectricTroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

no more impractical than saving for the simultaneous purchase of 4 different cars. ...i kid, i kid.

no but really, I also have no plans on replacing the insight until something comes along that is much more efficient and will carry more than one passenger. A plug in or something totally gas free seems like the only option for me. I absolutely love the 1L car, and if I could afford more than one car, I'd love that for myself, but I think I will probably go for a 4 seater next time, It's just nice to be able to even once every week or two, be able to carry a few people. Maybe when my finances are truly in order, I will have a one seater, a two seater, a three seater, and a four seater. It reminds me of fellow fly fishermen who carry a dozen fly rods in their car depending on the day's fishing.

If we get off gas, then the benefits of a two seater will be nil, and I will be in line for a more useful car, i.e a four seater. I love the concept of the two seater, for a sports car, or extreme 1L type car, but for a car getting just around twice the mileage of a civic, why not make it a four seater like was mentioned. Maybe not quite porsche style. I wouldn't call the back seat of a 911 really all that capable of carrying passengers, and I don't know if the Insight is quite big enough to house another two either, but I certainly wouldn't want it to turn into a fit in order to carry four either. It'd be tough to pull off, but doable I'm sure.
113k p1447 pack/mcm/bcm
105k engine grounds
43k LAF sensor
budomove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Troy, did the ultra efficient and lightweight diesel lupo make it to france? They are still all over italy, and every time I am there, I really want one. What are the prices of gas and diesel in france right now?
Frank
113k p1447 pack/mcm/bcm
105k engine grounds
43k LAF sensor
budomove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in