Insight Technical Videos - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default Insight Technical Videos

Admin note: stickied!

I came across another 35minute Honda Insight Video on e-bay UK recently, it was made by Honda Tech for the release of the Insight in the UK in 2000.

It is well made, and gives a detailed description of a 5 speed manual US Insight with a British narrator. It has a clear focus on the technical advances that went into making our cars so special. It was intended for UK/US technicians by the look of it, so goes into some depth about the car and safety especially with the IMA system. It has some very nice cutaway illustrations of Insight features and is quite detailed.

I think it's well worth a look. Especially for the Techies amongst us.

High Quality Xvid Avi 100mb here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97593208/InsightVideo.avi

Or for my earlier shorter 15 minute uploaded UK Insight dealer video see below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/4019747/InsightVideoV2.AVI

Enjoy and comments welcome. Both video's cover different ground and make a great introduction to new/prospective Insight owners.

Regards

Peter

Follow up!

OK, I have uploaded both UK Insight videos to my personal webspace so download should be easy now.

Please use the links above first, it saves my bandwidth, if you have problems with 'Rapidshare' then use these two links below.

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/insight/InsightTechVideo.avi
100mb 35min xvid avi

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/insight/InsightSalesVideo.avi
100mb 15min xvid avi

If you need a player for these files then go here
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Enjoy.

And a further follow up!

These videos are now available on Google Videos as streaming files so members can see them directly without downloading the whole file before they begin. This also so helps my bandwidth so please use these links in preference to the rapidshare or my personal webspace ones above. Thanks.

34 minute Insight Technical video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0856940361

15 minute Insight Dealer video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1010&hl=en

Enjoy.

Peter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: A great Insight Technical video.

great video(the 1st one)

they missed or made a slight error on a couple things that i noticed(i think partly because its older or possibly not talking about the US version)

-they missed the econ mode on the climate control
-the beeper when the door opens works whenever the key is in the ignition, not just when the car is in autostop
Past Vehicles:
'00 Honda Insight, '06 Honda CBR600f4i, '93 Mazda MX-3, '91 Honda Civic
ikhoudvanu199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default re: Insight Technical Videos

Great video...they forgot to mention that the IMA also pulses to balance the crank vibration.

Rog
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Cake Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron Cake

Is it possible to get this video via another method besides RapidShare? I've tried 6 times to download both videos and each one has failed (most failing at around 40%, one went to 99% and then timed out). RapidShare sucks. Each attempt means waiting another half an hour before I am "authorized" to get another "download ticket", typing in that damn CAPTCHA, and then chancing the 50% possibility that the download won't even get past 5%.

Is there anyone who can mirror it? Or send it to me via another method?

2000 Insight:
, 5 Speed, "144VOLTS" Plates, BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Dashcam

Aaron Cake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

OK, I have uploaded both UK Insight videos to my personal webspace so download should be easy now.

Please use the links in my original post first, it saves my bandwidth, if you have problems with 'Rapidshare' then use these two links below.

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/insight/InsightTechVideo.avi
100mb 35min xvid avi

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/insight/InsightSalesVideo.avi
100mb 15min xvid avi

If you need a player for these files then go here
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Enjoy.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
Old 03-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Cake Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron Cake

Thank you for reposting the videos. I was finally able to get the first one via RapidShare using Firefox and a different IP address. The 2nd one I was forced to download from your webspace.

I must say that they were completely worth the hassle. Excellent material for anyone having to make a presentation on the Insight, or for playback during car shows.

2000 Insight:
, 5 Speed, "144VOLTS" Plates, BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Dashcam

Aaron Cake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep
thanks
  • oo-MT-I1: MIMA(#024)+FAS+OBDIC&C+HighwaterDashResetButtons+A C CompressorBypass+LiFePO4PHEV~2.5kwhIMA 1p48s +Auxiliary12v~1.6kwh LiFePO4 8p4s+BCM-Fooler+BCM-Interceptor+EVDisplay Meter +420w Solar 120Roof/105Hatch/85Dash/110Hood +RearGazShocks+KLR3CYL Springs F&B+Manual DC-DC +1.3kwAC Charger +LED Headlights +PTC Heat IMA Battery
  • On-Going Projects: Improved EV-Mode+ More Insight Solar+TEG +v2-Li-IMA
IamIan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Great videos, thanks!

They stated that the CD is 0.28 , I thought it was 0.25.

--- Google 'Peak Oil' and learn what may be coming too soon ---
lesdit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

These videos are now available on Google Videos as streaming files so members can see them directly without downloading the whole file before they begin. This also so helps my bandwidth so please use these links in preference to the rapidshare or my personal webspace ones. Thanks.

34 minute Insight Technical video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0361&hl=en

15 minute Insight Dealer video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1010&hl=en

Enjoy.

Peter

Old 01-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Bump

For the new members and Insight MK1 owners on here I strongly recommend watching these two videos. The technical video is well done and explains some of the finer points of the car and some things which generate lots of questions on here. Enjoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in