Insight Concept - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Insight Concept

From my reading I thought it was supposed to have a hydrogen cell?

Honda Insight Concept Hybrid Vehicle Revealed at Paris Motor Show
The concept will make its U.S. debut at Los Angeles Auto Show; production version will debut at North American International Auto Show

Honda today revealed a concept version of its new small hybrid vehicle, named Insight, at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. The new Insight Concept shares styling cues with the Honda FCX Clarity fuel cell vehicle and provides an early look at the highly anticipated five-passenger hybrid vehicle.

Takeo Fukui, president and chief executive officer of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., presided over the reveal and presented information about the new vehicle set to go on sale in the spring of 2009. Prior to the Paris reveal, on September 4, Honda released limited details and photos of the Insight Concept. Today, Honda also released a synopsis of Fukui's remarks along with additional photos and video of the now-revealed concept car.

For more information and downloadable high-resolution images of the Insight Concept and other Honda vehicles, including the Civic Hybrid, please visit www.hondanews.com. Consumer information is available at www.honda.com.
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Insight Concept

No hydrogen cell on the Insight. The FCX Clarity is Honda's fuel cell vehicle. What you read just states the Insight has some exterior styling designed after the FCX Clarity.
atlaw4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Insight Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlaw4u
.... What you read just states the Insight has SOME exterior styling designed after the FCX Clarity.
I would say that would be slightly underestimated.
If you compare (side-) pictures of both the vehicles you will notice that the two have very similar doors (compare the quarterlights). I would go so far in saying that the WHOLE body-shell from the Clarity is being used for the next-gen Insight. They only changed it into a Hatchback.
The finished vehicle WON'T get the LED lights from the concept and neither the little door-handles and rear-view mirrors. I bet it will get little updated versions of the Clarity's.

Another reason why I'm right with my guessing is: the Clarity has it's Fuel-Cell placed somewhere between the seats. That is the same place where apparently the Insight will have it's Hybrid-batteries fitted.
The Insight will also make the Clarity a little more affordable for Honda as its body-shell will be made in larger numbers thanks to the new Insight.

THIS is the reason why I will be the first one here, to have one. I want to own Clarity's little brother.

My thoughts on the next-gen Insight:
- a large glass-roof like on the new Honda Fit
- a lighter eco-version with the engine of the original Insight and all the other attributes
- a version with larger wheels and sporty interior, NOT wearing the "Type-R" brand but maybe "IMA-R"
No. 166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in