Insight to Continue in 2004... - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Insight to Continue in 2004...

Just posted this story. We were waiting to get confirmation and it looks like the Insight will be available for the new model year.

Reports of Insight's Death Premature
May 22, 2003 - For the past year, there have been widespread rumors both online and off that the Insight would make its exit in 2003. Adding to the confusion, leading news publications (including the Los Angeles Times) have reported that the Insight would indeed end with Model Year 2003, leading many to believe that this was more than just a rumor (although senior Honda officials repeatedly told us there were no known plans to end production just yet). However, the 2004 model brochure available to Honda dealers includes the Insight. Although we were told there will be no major modifications to options and accessories, be prepared for some new color choices and stay tuned to InsightCentral.net for the latest developments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2003, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Might as well get this started now -- I just heard there will be no Insight in 2005!

:twisted:
2000 silver 5spd #4232
100000 mi, 62 mpg
Tim Maddux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 08:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to amplifiedmouse Send a message via Yahoo to amplifiedmouse

yeah....same here
amplifiedmouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2003, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

For Honda to take the Insight into the 2004 model year unchanged is already a significant departure from Honda's normal 4 year model cycle, which would have normally meant either a redesign for 2004 or what many of us thought would be the case, the end of the line. Since the 2000 model year was the first for the Insight, 2004 will be its fifth year. That's why I'm surprised the Insight is still going to be offered for '04.

All that being said, I'm very happy Honda will be building them for another year. Maybe what they're trying to do is build enough of them to achieve an economy of scale to mitigate the "loss" that they report they take on every Insight they sell (build enough of them to allow parts orders in an amount that over time decreases the cost to produce). With the Civic Hybid being offered, and no doubt more Hybrids to come, I'd still bet the Insight's days are numbered.
Formerly owner of 2000 Insight #1203
"The Silver Racepod"
78,600 miles, 53.5 mpg
6/24/00 to 2/26/05
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

A couple of days ago, the Honda dealership still had literature on the Insight.
(2000-2015, totaled - best car I ever had) Lifetime mpg: 65.3, 242,000 miles, MIMA #40, CalPod
Delta Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to rschaffrath
Default Re: Insight to Continue in 2004...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin
Just posted this story. We were waiting to get confirmation and it looks like the Insight will be available for the new model year.

Reports of Insight's Death Premature
...be prepared for some new color choices and stay tuned to InsightCentral.net for the latest developments.
They have offered the Quantum Grey Metallic and Grand Prix White (pictures at http://www.honda.co.jp/INSIGHT/color...ion/index.html) colors in Japan. Perhaps these colors will now be available here.

While I was at the Japanese site looking for the color options, I decided to look around a bit and see if there was anything else new. One item which popped up is located at http://www.honda.co.jp/parts/hop/tir...u/insight.html. They show Goodyear tires for the Insight (including the Goodyear blimp!). The part number listed is 0S1GY-0043C4s. There is also an information page at http://www.honda.co.jp/parts/hop/tire/. I checked the Goodyear USA site and there is no mention of them being available here .
Silver, '00-#4581

"I support the right to keep and arm bears"
rschaffrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default 2004

I need one more Insight with manual transmission and no A/C. Grey or White would be a nice color choice. I ve heard that the Insight will not be discontinued afterall.

'03 silver MT no A/C
brft drvr
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default now do I still buy a new 2003 or wait for 2004?

I plan to buy an Insight as soon as I get my inheritance $..I drove a red 5sp w/o air nearby and they still have it...maybe I should wait for a 2004 or maybe even better hope they dont sell the 2003 til the new ones come in and get a better deal...well at last Im happy Im not stuck by Honda stopping production zen
zenartist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Maddux
Might as well get this started now -- I just heard there will be no Insight in 2005!

:twisted:
Very true, but they bring it back in '08 as a fuel cell vehicle.
gomarlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2003, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Any Articles on This?

Quote:
Very true, but they bring it back in '08 as a fuel cell vehicle.
Any articles on this?
(2000-2015, totaled - best car I ever had) Lifetime mpg: 65.3, 242,000 miles, MIMA #40, CalPod
Delta Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in