Insight to Continue Beyond 2004? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Insight to Continue Beyond 2004?

Cross posting from our news page:
Honda Insight Moves to New Production Facility... and Continues Beyond 2004?
Honda announced yesterday that the company would be transferring the production of its low-volume auto models, including the Insight, to its Suzuka factory starting in mid-2004. Domestic sales have been declining for Honda as the automaker's lineup has been aging, and Bloomberg reports the Tochigi plant will now focus on research and development alongside Honda R&D Co., which is also based in Tochigi. This move will also mean that the Insight, NSX and S2000 will have their bodies, engines and transmissions built in one centralized location. According to Honda, the transfer of low-production vehicles from the Takanezawa plant to the Suzuka plant is taking place in order to increase efficiency, and the decision will also allow the company to cut costs while increasing its R&D efforts. We also couldn't help wondering if the projected inclusion of the Insight in this move should be taken as an indication the car will continue beyond MY 2004.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2003, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to rschaffrath

I guess they will have to change the "T" in the VIN to whatever the Suzuka factory's code is.
Silver, '00-#4581

"I support the right to keep and arm bears"
rschaffrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FinalHeven

I hope it sticks around, it needs to so I can buy a new one when I finally get some money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2003, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jasshrie Send a message via AIM to jasshrie
Default Looks like it will continue in one shape or another ;)

jasshrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2003, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jasshrie Send a message via AIM to jasshrie

.oops.
jasshrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Not continued after 2004?

Was the Honda Insight originally scheduled to not be produced after 2004? I was under the impression that the Honda Insight was going to be a very long term commitment by Honda. Does anyone have any further information on this as I would really like to know? Thank you.
Margaret_Henke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

AFAIK Honda has never provided official comments on their long-term plans for continued production of the Insight. Dealers have frequently reported having some inside information that production will be discontinued. However, they have reported this every year since 2001, and so I would not trust their reports.
2000 silver 5spd #4232
100000 mi, 62 mpg
Tim Maddux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rick

Something tells me they will keep it just barely in production simply for the bragging rights. If the post from the temple of vtec is right they will cap production for this year. My guess is they can spend a little, produce about 100 cars for 05 then stop for the rest of the year.

Just a hunch, but if thats what they do it's better for all of us to have cars still in production because it keeps values up some and guarantees parts longer.
92 Saturn SC2 Electric, Arizona Alt fuel plate "ZEROGAS"
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Something tells me they will keep it just barely in production simply for the bragging rights.
There is a very strong possibility this is correct. Right now the Prius is kicking Honda's butt in terms of sales of hybrid 4-door cars, so by continuing production of the Insight, Honda will at least get to retain the crown for highest gas mileage car in the United States. They sold barely 200 NSX's for the last two years, so I wouldn't doubt that they are willing to continue to produce the Insight even if they can only sell 500-1000 or so.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ext1jdh Send a message via AIM to ext1jdh Send a message via MSN to ext1jdh Send a message via Yahoo to ext1jdh

I spoke with a dealer today who told me that they just got the color catalog for 2005. He said it included details on the Insight.

I'm trying to get my paws on a particular Insight they have but the owner of the dealership is being a bit stingy. If I get a chance to confirm this or better yet, get scans, I will
2004 Navy Blue #507
MSN:

Y! josephhufford
AIM: ext1jdh
ext1jdh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in