2004 Honda Updates - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rick
Default 2004 Honda Updates

This was posted on the Honda-Hybrid group, thought I might post it here too.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=133745

If this is true we will actually see some changes to the Insight for next year. They include:

CD Player with four speakers standard
Interior seat color changes from gray to beige
Fuel Consumption meter color change from green to red
Navy Blue Pearl exterior color replaces Monte Carlo Blue Pearl
Seat Belt Reminder System added

Gee, novel concept a CD player which I'm sure most of us have often woundered why they even put a tape player in the Insight in the first place. As far as the beige interior I think this should be interesting to see. I think it would be good with silver or red, but maybe not with blue. It will also be interesting to see if the new fabric holds up better than the current stuff. Anyone have any clue why they decided red would be better for the FCD? I was kind of hoping they would have brought the light blue color to the US, but I'm assuming Navy Blue will be dark like Monte Carlo Blue. And all the models seem to be getting a seat belt reminder system, not sure what thats all about.

Anyway, I can't say for sure this is real, but I do know that the S2000 is getting all the changes it says on that page so I'll at least assume some credibility for the temple of vtec.
92 Saturn SC2 Electric, Arizona Alt fuel plate "ZEROGAS"
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2003, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Re: 2004 Honda Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
And all the models seem to be getting a seat belt reminder system, not sure what thats all about.
Yeah that sounds a little odd. We already get an annoying beep and a flashing light. What's the new reminder system, a poke in the ribs?
2000 silver 5spd #4232
100000 mi, 62 mpg
Tim Maddux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2003, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hardly seems like major changes - though the green display color is one of my minor peeves. It's almost impossible to see when wearing sunglasses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
james is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2003, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Still no cruise control, eh?

I was going to wait to buy my Insight until 2004 in order to get factory installed cruise control. Instead, I bought it in March '03 to protest the unelected one's preemptive & unilateral war. I'm glad I didn't wait.
.......(_)>(_)
mickjrogers
mjrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2003, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well, looking at Honda web site this list of updates seems to be holding true. The Accord and Civics (hybrid included) are all listed for 2004 already and include all the listed updates. The new civic hybrid gets a new interior color, plus the new color looks awsome. Now so sure I like the newly redesigned rear bumper on it though. Unfortunatel the Insight is still listed as 2003, but I think we can expect these changes to happen as the others have.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok this is kinda wierd/funny. I was checking Hondas page to see if they had updated the Insight page to 04 yet (they haven't). But I decided to go take a closer look at the new civic hybrid. Well I clicked on the interior over view and a tumbnail came up for the audio and I knew it looked way too familiar. Well they accidentally posted this picture there.

So here's the CD player the Insight gets.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I was going to wait to buy my Insight until 2004 in order to get factory installed cruise control.
Is the 2004 really (finally) gonna have cruise??
Old 09-20-2003, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm probably not up to speed on cruise controls, but they probably don't work well on an Insight. Hope others chime in, but cruise controls probably work better on larger engines with conventional automatic transmissions.

Since the Insight has a 995 cc engine, with an electic motor to boost performance to 1.5 liters, downshifting to climb a hill is necessary. If an Insight is traveling in non-rush hour traffic on fairly level roads, a cruise control could probably work.

While it's true a hybrid can be driven like a conventional car, knowing how it works and watching the fuel consumption will significantly increase the milage. The 5-speed Insight is a very hands-on car, but made entertaining by the dashboard. I can keep up with the road warriors and get at least 55 mpg. While I was learning, I got 45 mpg. If let the 2 Fast 2 Furious guys pass you by, you could get 75 mpg.

To save weight, the Insight seat was not padded to be comfortable for long trips. I'm sure the Civic and Prius are more comfortable. I'm considering my first long trip later this year and will report on it.
(2000-2015, totaled - best car I ever had) Lifetime mpg: 65.3, 242,000 miles, MIMA #40, CalPod
Delta Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2003, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default '04 will not have cruise control

Lakedude: sorry for the confusion. The '04 will not have cruise control. This is part of the reason I'm happy I didn't wait. I wouldv'e liked cruise control, but it wouldn't have mattered had I waited.

Insighters with aftermarket cruise control (ROSTRA) have been happy with it. I have found it difficult to find someone in the Sacramento region willing to install it. I transferred from engineering to Social Work in '80; I have enough knowledge to know I'd be downright stupid to try to install it myself.
.......(_)>(_)
mickjrogers
mjrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in