Honda Accord 2.2 i-ctdi gets 92 mpg !! - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2004, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Honda Accord 2.2 i-ctdi gets 92 mpg !!

Let's go diesel !!
The new Honda Accord made a new record.
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=234399

2000 Insight, 5 spd, Silverstone Metallic #28.
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default not quite

british gallons are smaller than us gallons. 1 us gallon equals .833 uk gallons. Therefore the fuel consumption in us gallons is 76 mpg. Impressive nevertheless for such a big car. Of course american readers will laugh at my calling the Accord a big car but in Europe it's considered a big car.
enders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2004, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi Windmill:

___Thanks for the Vtec link! I have been spreading it all over the web myself.

___Now where is my Honda designed 1.0 L iCDTi for my Insight An EPA estimate of 100 mpg hwy should be quite doable even with A/C on with one!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2hru5yke][email protected][/email:2hru5yke]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Put that engine in a 2 door Civic I'd but one today

Diesel in an Insight. Honda would probably overkill the design of the engine by making its super super clean and quite.
cakley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: not quite

Quote:
Of course american readers will laugh at my calling the Accord a big car but in Europe it's considered a big car.
no, i agree. it's huge. ever since the model where the tail lights are a ripoff of the NSX's, they've just inflated those cars larger and larger... must be because people feel safety is the car's responsibility and not the driver's... <sigh>

does honda have much experience with diesel engines, or is it something where since it's pretty much 2004, a diesel engine is not something a manufacturer would *need* to have experience with in order to be able to fabricate a successful engine?
jrrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi Jrrs:

___I wish I had the link but there was a web based article on the development of this particular Diesel for the European Accord. The chief intake and combustion wizard from Honda and his team were tasked to do everything in their power using all they have learned in developing the magical Honda ICE’s over the past 3 decades to create a Diesel of equal or higher achievement. This Accord Diesel is it.

___When it comes to variable valve timing, variable geometry turbo’s, multi-valve intake/exhaust’s, air intake tuning, light and strong cranks, blocks, and pistons, as well as emissions tuning, this is not for the unskilled new kid on the block. In other words, Honda used their best engineer and his team to do the iCDTi right and on their first public consumption iteration set the world on fire. Well, they set my world on fire anyways with the possibility of smaller future diesels powering an Insight or Civic and achieving even better fuel economy, lower emissions, and equivalent or better performance. All the while saving the costs of running a Hybrid drivetrain …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:37u7dkh8][email protected][/email:37u7dkh8]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in