Worldwide Insight & Civic Hybrid Sales Figures - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Worldwide Insight & Civic Hybrid Sales Figures

Please see link below to Honda UK news article about Honda Hybrid sales. The article has a interesting table of sales figures broken down by year & region, which I haven't seen before.

http://www.honda.co.uk/news/cars/20040428.html
2005 Insight, UK Spec Silver 5 speed with Grid Charger, IMA C&C, Alpine stereo & subwoofer & iPod link, Focal component speakers, rear Gaz shocks & Matiz springs, Shark Fin aerial, sound deadened rear shelf, 'InsightCentral' reg plates
Also own 2011 Mk2 Insight ES. Previous owner of 1999 Japanese Silver 5sp, 2001 UK Citrus 5sp & 2000 Japanese Red CVT
Honda Insight - An extraordinary car for ordinary people
The Citrus Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2004, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Reece

As you said a very interesting table. I wonder if the 4 Insights sold in Europe in 03 were special orders. I can't imagine Honda just shipping 4 to all their dealers. Have fun, RIck
Rick 00 #4738 (5sp) Lmpg 91.1 @ 195K miles
Rick Reece is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

If this table is correct, it could be bad news for the Insight. Notice that Insight sales peaked in 2000 in Japan and Europe, and in 2001 in the US.

World wide sales peaked in 2000 (at 554, and dropped to 1259 in 2003. I wonder about 2004 sales?

Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

2000 and 2001 overall sales of hybrids were essentially the same. If you wanted a Honda hybrid you had one choice. 2002 sales were 3.45 times 2001. 2003 was 4.68 times 2001. The CRX and Prelude both sold well but were dropped, whereas, Honda has produced the NSX for many years inspite of low sales and is finally introducing a new NSX model.

Honda has never tried to sell the Insight but I'm sure that the Insight has sold a lot of Civic hybrids. I'm also sure that the Insight and Civic will help to sell the 2005 Accord hybrid. If the 2006 Insight is based on the 4 seat carbon/aluminum IMAS, it will set a new standard for hybrid technology and show Honda for the innovative designers that they are. It won't matter at all that Civic and Accord sales will probably still dominate (unless oil prices continue to rise). demonstrateable technological mastery inspires consumer confidence and instills pride in an automobile marque. Ultimately that sells cars. It has kept me loyal to Honda for 24 years, from CVCC to Vtec to IMA.

The laws of physics don't need changing, but rather our attitude and values. 72.8 LMPG
b1shmu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm reading "The End of Oil". It's the book I wish I'd written, had I actually known the things I've been suspecting.

The Honda Insight makes so much sense. If more people drove them instead of SUVs, we'd probably gain another decade or two before civilization as we know it ends. Meanwhile, that's not where the market is headed.

People who trust market forces are doomed idiots thinking themselves clever for their keen grasp of short-term goals.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

"People who trust market forces are doomed idiots..."

Maybe so, but they still look pretty smart when compared to those who wait around for intelligent action from governments

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
james is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2004, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, like charging more to register hybrids since they will "produce" less gas tax revenue.

Ugghh...I'm still nauseous...
2000 #893
LMPG 73.3, same speed too
Holicow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in