Honda: Accord Will Double Hybrid Sales - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Honda: Accord Will Double Hybrid Sales

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6205689/
(2000-2015, totaled - best car I ever had) Lifetime mpg: 65.3, 242,000 miles, MIMA #40, CalPod
Delta Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2004, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

30/37 mpg reported is comparable to Civic sedan 5spd numbers across the line (32/38 mpg). Not bad. 'Course it does cost about twice as much...
2000 silver 5spd #4232
100000 mi, 62 mpg
Tim Maddux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I remember when REGULAR Accords got that kind of mileage.
2003 Insight CVT #562, "Mouse"
The last Honda I'll ever buy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsanford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanford
I remember when REGULAR Accords got that kind of mileage.
Those REGULAR Accords were "simple" 4-bangers with 80 hp.
No. 166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2004, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Or less! My 1980 Prelude was top of the heap at 83 HP, though it is hard to remember back that far, eh!

The laws of physics don't need changing, but rather our attitude and values. 72.8 LMPG
b1shmu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

I recently drove my 1999 Civic SI from LA to San Diego, and got 47 MPG!!
The Insight really teaches you to drive more efficient.
Calpod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2004, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Maddux
30/37 mpg reported is comparable to Civic sedan 5spd numbers across the line (32/38 mpg). Not bad. 'Course it does cost about twice as much...
How long until the sensationalized stories of irate owners only getting 26 MPG in their new Accord Hybrids???

No one will compare what they were getting in their previous vehicle, compared to EPA estimates.... oh, well...
2000 #893
LMPG 73.3, same speed too
Holicow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2004, 11:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hi All:

___I drove an Accord EX-L I4 w/ Auto and NAVI about a month ago and using the NAVI trip computerís instantaneous and segment readouts, I received a decent 44.3 mpg over a 28 mile round trip consisting of ~ 15 miles all-City and 13 miles of State/Interstate highway. It will be tough for an Accord Hybrid pilot to exceed what the I4 is actually capable of.

___An EX-L I4 w/ Stick/Auto is a much slower 8/9 second car vs. the 6 - 6.5 second Accord Hybrid of course but the std. I4 equipped Accord EX-L costs ~ $10,000 less and includes a powered sunroof. Another negative to the Accord Hybrid is that you can pick up a PZEV based Accord I4 from California, New York, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts for an extra $135.00 or thereabouts which makes the ULEV based Accord Hybrid that much less desirable if you are looking at the greener aspects of owning a Hybrid. In other words, the Accord Hybrid will be a very tough sell for those studying the details. For those not considering all the variables, Honda appears to have a great third gen Hybrid and might actually sell a ton of them.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email08dt46s][email protected][/email08dt46s]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Like someone is actually going to buy an Accord hybrid to save money or the environment? you are confusing them with Insight owners. Nah,.... luxury, smoothness, performance, cachet, range, uniqueness, exclusivity, high tech image, and exotic car performance. Just look at an Audi A8 and ask yourself if it makes any sense to purchase it from a bottom line perspective. The hybrid Accord is about image.

The laws of physics don't need changing, but rather our attitude and values. 72.8 LMPG
b1shmu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1shmu63
Like someone is actually going to buy an Accord hybrid to save money or the environment? you are confusing them with Insight owners. Nah,.... luxury, smoothness, performance, cachet, range, uniqueness, exclusivity, high tech image, and exotic car performance. Just look at an Audi A8 and ask yourself if it makes any sense to purchase it from a bottom line perspective. The hybrid Accord is about image.

I totally agree. They will buy it because it will be the most expensive Accord you can get, which will retain it's value better over time. Also I have a feeling they will be difficult to get at first to you'll see a lot of people wanting one just because they can't get one off the lot.
92 Saturn SC2 Electric, Arizona Alt fuel plate "ZEROGAS"
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in