2006 Honda Civic - also as Hybrid *pics* - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2006 Honda Civic - also as Hybrid *pics*

At first glance it looks ugly. But if you look closely you see that it's a five door hatch in the pictures.
The rear-end has a very close resemelance to the IMA-S show car. The tailgate looks extremely big so I might guess it being 2-piece like in the early 90s......
Looking at the silhouette of the car it must have a tremendous drag-coeficient!
The more I see it the more I like it.

Look for yourself:
http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/sp ... civic.html
No. 166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is ugly. It looks like they got the door design from the insght, because of the way they are shaped. That is probly why Hyrid cars don't sell that well, becasue they are all ulgy looking designs, except for the Insight, the Insight is the only good looking hyprid out there.

-Chris-
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2004, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice! Looks like Honda is borrowing queues from the Peugeot 407 concept and 206 hatchback. Very Acura TL-esque in the nose. All in all it is a much sweeter shape than the current Civic hatchback. If they make it in aluminium alloy I'd buy it.
#146 [3DR DX A/C, KA5MT]

Purchased New, May 05 2001
"Boy's Day (Japan)"
Sparky5501 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2004, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi No. 166:

___I actually love the front end and it appears as if its Cd will be in the mid .20’s range given the profile. The rear … Well, Honda’s rear ends have never been anything I wanted to take home to meet my parents if you know what I mean

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:10imzdfg][email protected][/email:10imzdfg]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

I like it, but not alot. It looks more mainstream than I like. If it had a rear like a Lotus Elise or even a del Sol I'd be sold.
Foxpaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2004, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi All:

___Not that this will help but there is a lot of info or you can call it speculation here.

___The following should get you started however …

'06 Acura EL/Civic

Hi Guys

I saw the '06 Acura EL / Civic. Here are the facts for the '06 Acura EL. 2.0 DOHC i VTEC engine 200 HP, "possible" DSG trany, paddle shift levers behind steering wheel, drive by wire, engine is reversed (intake at front) NAVI AM FM CD DVD XM Sat ready, 5.1 suround sound system...with 8" sub in center of rear deck, electric steering, pump lever seat adjustment for height, split instrument display. Display closest to steering wheel displays tach, fuel ect. display closest to front window displays speed digitally. P205/55/16 tires. full auto climate control (digital display). The car sits a little closer to the ground and the suspension is a little different but basically the same multi link rear setup. I'm not sure how many of these features would be passed down to the Civic line.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:156qae51][email protected][/email:156qae51]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2004, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

It's about time! lots of folk will say they don't like it because it is different, but in about 3 years everyone else will be producing a look alike! Lokks like it will have a great CD and be FAST!

The laws of physics don't need changing, but rather our attitude and values. 72.8 LMPG
b1shmu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

The pics from the url in the first post do not match Popular Mechanics Spy Report pics from page 48 in the July issue. It only has a partial side view and a rear view.
2000 Roush Mustang Convertible
LoNOx 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNOx 1
The pics from the url in the first post do not match Popular Mechanics Spy Report pics from page 48 in the July issue. It only has a partial side view and a rear view.
Here are those pictures for those who haven't seen them or those who to see "bigger" versions than the magazine shows. Popular Mechanics speculated that the display on top of the dash is a FCD, and that it means the car is the hybrid version.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=178&n=158
Romir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 12:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Geez, oddly enough that site published some big new pictures of the 06 Civic today.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A8842.html
Romir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in