Accord Hybrid Review and Dyno Test - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rick
Default Accord Hybrid Review and Dyno Test

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-artic ... _id=311751

Govenor kicks in at 132mph
92 Saturn SC2 Electric, Arizona Alt fuel plate "ZEROGAS"
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2005, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hi Rick:

___When I read this the other day, I noticed they spoke of the AH having a higher final drive then the std. V6.
Quote:
Ö but it certainly has more zest overall, even with taller ratios in the automatic gearbox.
___According to Hondanews.com, the AHís Final Drive = 4.375 vs. the std. V6ís 4.428. The Fifth gear ratio of the AH = .530 vs. the std. V6ís .520. These numbers are for all intents and purposes equal with less then a 1% delta between engine RPMís and wheels RPMís between the two when multiplying Final and Fifth ratios. I was actually hoping for a bit more Delta actually.

___As you have pointed out, the Dyno plot shows IMA adding a significant amount of HP and Torque compared to the std. V6 and throughout the RPM range. Drivability has to have been improved somewhat given the way IMA is assisting at the 3,800 + RPM mark vs. the std. V6. Supposedly IMA is making up a nice chunk at just 840 RPM as well but the plot doesnít show anything that far down Ö What bothers me and is proving itself to date is that the AH drivers are going to use their right foot just as they have in the past if not more so. If they donít keep their foot off the go pedal to keep VCM invoked most of the time, this thing is just a heavier version of the V6 and from the tank over tank data posted over at Greenhybridís RHMDB to date, the FE is rather atrocious actually

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3u9u3nza][email protected][/email:3u9u3nza]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2005, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rick

Well yeah, I agree they deffinitely aren't going to be fuel misers. But I bet they sure would be fun to drive!
92 Saturn SC2 Electric, Arizona Alt fuel plate "ZEROGAS"
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Introducing the Accord hybrid in the middle of winter probably doesn't do wonders for the milleage. The Accord isn't really targetting the gas miser crowd either. Excel, I'd like to see what you could do with it on a long trip this summer.

The laws of physics don't need changing, but rather our attitude and values. 72.8 LMPG
b1shmu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in