2006 Honda Civic Preview up on Honda UK site. - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Insight and Honda News

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2006 Honda Civic Preview up on Honda UK site.

Here's the link
http://www.honda.co.uk/

But no Civic Hybrid Info yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

608-729-4082

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

FOLD-DOWN REAR SEATS! YAY!

Also fold-up rear seats???
Dougie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Although, on second thought, without specific information about the hybrid version, fold down seats still not officially confirmed...
Dougie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

This site is only for the non-hybrid Civic.

I am pretty sure that the hybrid battery will still be behind the seat, therefore the seats will not fold down (or up).

It would be great if I were wrong, though.

608-729-4082

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Standard across the range will be climate control air conditioning, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), trip computer, front, side and curtain airbags, rake and reach adjustable steering column and rear 'Magic' seats. High grade models will feature equipment such as automatic lights and wiper functions, HID headlamps, Dual Zone Climate Control and retractable door mirrors, in addition to expected items like alloy wheels, DVD satellite navigation and leather trim.

A standard trip computer computer in the Civics! Wow! I hope it's the same in the states. I've had a terrible month without my Insight and without at the very least, a mpg readout. Although I've still managed to beat the EPA's Miata highway numbers by 25%...

Anyone know for sure if it will also show the instantaneous fuel efficiency? It does look like there is an meter where the odometer and the trip/tank mpg readout are. The split dash readouts are standard here in the states, so it's likely we'll get the trip computer too.

EDIT: Here's a close-up of the dash. There is definitely a fuel consumption graph, but is it real time? Since nothing is displayed in it, I'd hazard to guess yes. THe L/100km with the bars below confuses me though. I think km A 24.4 means 24.4 kilometers in trip meter A. Then there's the REV and ECO display up top by the speed. If REV is a redundant rpm display, then it stands to reason that ECO could be a real time fuel efficiency display.
Romir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in