Honda insight 2010 double din! Help! - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Honda insight 2010 double din! Help!

Hey insight central, I've recently become an owner of a honda insight es model. My first hybrid.

I want to do a double din conversion on my right hand drive insight, but I can't seem to find any right hand drive facia plates, but I'm also no too clued up about all the wiring harnesses, there isn't may guides out there for me to watch as I want to do it myself to save money, I've got a budget of 150-200, if there is any electrical gurus out there for the honda insight and guides would be appreciated,

Thanks
Aaron
Aaron442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm not in the U.K. (And only know you are from your use of pounds as currency) please fill out your profile so your location shows up along with your username.

This is what I do know: the navigation unit used in Insights is double din. You should be able to buy that.

As far as wiring goes, I imagine converting connectors are the same for other Hondas. Here in the US, I recommend Metra adapters. They plug into the factory harness and give you labeled wires to connect to your aftermarket unit.

Perhaps someone local will have better information for you

Hey U.K. Guys, help him out!
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey! I've selected my time zone I'm not sure if you can see it because I can't,

Anyway, the main problem I've got is finding a facia plate for the RHD insight, I've found one or 2 but they are asking 100+ pounds for a piece of plastic! I'm pretty sure they can't be that expensive.

I've just had a look at a few double din andriod units and most of them already come with some sort of wiring. But if there is any type or wiring that I need additional to use the double din unit. i.e steering wheel controls I'm a bit clueless about, a point in the right direction would be brilliant! ?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Have you tried a Honda dealer? Can you order parts from a dealer like you can in the US? Here the part is called "center panel" *nh822L* (nueance black hairline) which I think is that glossy black the radio surround is. The part number for the left hand drive Insights is: 77251-TM8-A11ZA. It's $92.90 retail, with a discount seller priced at $63.82.

Of course a new double din unit would come with wiring, it's connecting to the wiring in the Honda you want to be able to do without hacking up the existing connectors. This way it's reversible and you won't chance mucking up some wires you should have left alone.

Interfacing with the steering wheel controls can be done, but that is yet another unit you need to buy.

If your budget is very limited, you may be better off backing up and deciding exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe upgrading the speakers and getting some Bluetooth adapter might get you close to what you want.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

See post 22 in this thread:

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...ash-kit-3.html
Old 04-11-2017, 04:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron442 View Post
I've found one or 2 but they are asking 100+ pounds for a piece of plastic!
~ 50$ - https://ru.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...+insight+panel
First remove the old radio, knowing the connectors, pick up a new radio.
In the frame there are no wires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telegram:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gms24ru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 05:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Has anyone ordered from these before? I've never ordered from a foreign website before
Old 04-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron442 View Post
Has anyone ordered from these before? I've never ordered from a foreign website before
In Russia all buying in ALI (Big Chinese Market).
I ordered from there a bunch of little things for the car.
It's safe and don't loose money.

Telegram:

gms24ru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in