17" Enkei RPF1 on 2011 Insight - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 17" Enkei RPF1 on 2011 Insight

Pics. here:

https://goo.gl/photos/6wPBiDMZVYGLdDJ46

Read the info on the photos - some are with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 in 205/45-17 and some with Vanderbilt Velozza ZXV4 in 205/40-17S size.

Some more info here: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...pg-impact.html

The car is not lowered.

Last edited by Kocho; 05-02-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice. I couldn't run a wheel and tire combo like that. Throughout california the roads are riddled with potholes that are known for destroying rims and even suspension. On my street there is one that actually are 4 feet wide and 8" deep and a couple others that are about 2' wide. Freeways are ok as long as you are not going to San Fransisco as those freeways have some serious holes that a person could probably use as cover from enemy fire or even mortar attack. Last time i was through there i hit one or two of those at speed and poo almost came out as I tried to recover in single cab ranger. Deep slow breathing was required for about 5 minutes as i almost lost control and went off the freeway. Semi trailer in front of me actually had its tires off the ground after hitting it.
3.14159 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yup, probably don'the want to run low profile tires on such roads. Though the W rated Michelins seem quite tough. Still, steelies in 15" will probably fare better than lightweight 17" wheels...

Anyhow, should have posted this thread here. Let's move the discussion over there.

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...ml#post1215898
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

A quick follow-up on fitment.

I gently stretched out the centers of both front fenders that are at the top of the fender gap. Since both my fenders are slightly damaged from two separate fender-bender accidents, I did not care if I'd cause further damage. So, instead of some elaborate procedure (like fender rolling or the phone book method), I just pulled out with my hands and was able to get about 1/2" gentle arch outwards. It is barely noticeable and only if you new they were flat before.

That was enough to create the needed clearance in the front, no more rubbing.

Because the stretch was so minor, I think this could be done cleanly fairly easy, without damage to the paint. And the car still looks stock , not some wierd wide-fender street racer wannabe ...

Now, the front tires do seem to protrude slightly out from the bumper width, but other than this front view, no noticeable changes from stock in terms of wheel/tire width.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4QPb8l5cM9RPas1H3

Last edited by Kocho; 09-06-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4QPb8l5cM9RPas1H3
Kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in