aftermarket foglight - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default aftermarket foglight

has anyone installed an aftermarket foglight? i just bought a 2010 lx model and having a fog light is a necessity for my commute since i drive from 120km at night. if anyone can point me out on how to install one to a 2010 insight that would be awesome.

Last edited by jackbox; 07-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.
jackbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbox View Post

has anyone installed an aftermarket foglight? i just bought a 2010 lx model and having a fog light is a necessity for my commute since i drive from 120km at night. if anyone can point me out on how to install one to a 2010 insight that would be awesome.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here is a video of how to install the factory accessory:

I got that from just Googling Honda Insight Fog Lights.
Do enter your location in your profile, where you are makes a difference in what might be available to you or what others have done in your country.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2018, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Letís see if this will copy & paste

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...1-tm8-110.html

This aftermarket one includes instructions:

https://www.cravenspeed.com/fog-ligh...honda-insight/
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2018, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Are you talking about installing front or rear fog lights?

Here in the UK nearly all cars have front fog lights and all have rear fog lights (rear fog lights are mandatory in the UK).

Personally having owned many cars with front fog lights, I wouldn't waste my time and money retrofitting them to a car. They are useless for all practical purposes (some people think they look cool).

A rear fog light definitely has safety benefits and would be worth considering if not already fitted to your car........just remember to turn it off then you are out of the fog!

Last edited by booke23; 07-05-2018 at 05:43 AM.
booke23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

from toronto here, thanks for the info i actually bought the after market one foglight that ive read here on site aswell. I wanted to wire it with the t10 wiring located in the running/ highbeam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booke23 View Post
Are you talking about installing front or rear fog lights?

Here in the UK nearly all cars have front fog lights and all have rear fog lights (rear fog lights are mandatory in the UK).

Personally having owned many cars with front fog lights, I wouldn't waste my time and money retrofitting them to a car. They are useless for all practical purposes (some people think they look cool).

A rear fog light definitely has safety benefits and would be worth considering if not already fitted to your car........just remember to turn it off then you are out of the fog!
Old 07-31-2018, 03:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Vendor

Hi everyone,

I decided to step in to share this fog lights installation with you. The link is below:
Fog light installation instructions at CARiD
Hope this helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honda Insight
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in