Upgrading Stereo - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 3rd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Upgrading Stereo

I have a Touring trim with the 10 speaker system. Im pretty darn disappointed and want to upgrade. Can anyone assist me in locating the factory amp location as well as wire diagrams. I believe the head unit uses a digital encoded signal to the amp and the amp includes the dsp that controls all the separate functions like Bluetooth, navi, audio, beep, etc. So i need to modify at or after the amp. Thanks in advance
Proforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

I work at best buy and it seems it's still too early for any upgrade options to show up or for best buy to even allow techs to touch this car. I find the stereo to be extremely disappointing with the treble being excruciatingly bright and the mids also being too loud. I also find the system to excibit significant rattles and buzzes in many sound frequencies. I have scheduled an appointment to get them to sound dampen some of this. Have you found the voices an highs to be too overpowering? I've tried lowering them to the lowest value without avail. Very poor showing on this system.😫
Verdier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2018, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Stereo update. After fooling with this stereo and talking to the guys at Best buy I've decided the first thing I'm going to try is bypassing the sub and hooking to an external sub. We figure to first try hooking directly to the sub via the speaker wire connected to the factory sub and bypassing it. If the system doesn't push enough power then we'll try running an amp off the speaker wire hooked to the factory sub therefore avoiding fooling too much with the system itself. The built in sub keeps flabbing out and can't handle the volume. I'll let you guys know what happens when I get my lazy butt onto this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well the sub is installed. We essentially tapped into the wiring going into the current sub in the rear and ran the speaker wire into a small amp hooked to the battery. we left the factory sub unhooked to reduce the rattles in the back deck. The sound is similar to before except for more volume potential and deeper bass lows. By hooking off the speaker wire I can still adjust the bass in the infotainment center using original controls. Keep in mind these adjustments are very narrow so I recommend setting the new amp to the volume you like and using the infotainment system to do minute adjustments on a song by song basis. One last thing, When the install is done, the car's electronics warrnings will be on and the system will tell you to drive to recalibrate. Don't fret, a one minute drive on the road will fix this with no Ill effects to the car. Cheers.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Anybody have Wiring diagram and how to take off the stock infotainment?

I just bought the 2019 Insight and stock speakers sounds pretty horrible will upgrade to something better later, but right now what it need is some Bass I have this https://www.amazon.com/Bazooka-BT122.../dp/B000ROM3R2 but I want to install it just don't know how to get access into the infortainment and needs wiring diagram.

Anywant can help with this greatly appreciated.
romeoog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2018, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Do you have the premium sound system or the standard 8 speaker system?
Old 12-18-2018, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdier View Post
Do you have the premium sound system or the standard 8 speaker system?

I have the EX which comes with the Standard.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have some wiring info for the premium system amp outputs but not for the standard. Hooking my sub was generally easy since I just got an amp with wire inputs and slaved off the built in sub line, but with yours you may find it more difficult. I'll look for the diagrams and send you what I have. It might help you out a bit.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I have some wiring info for the premium system amp outputs but not for the standard. Hooking my sub was generally easy since I just got an amp with wire inputs and slaved off the built in sub line, but with yours you may find it more difficult. I'll look for the diagrams and send you what I have. It might help you out a bit.
If you can find something I would really appreciated, cause sound sucks with bass, Had that sub on my 03 accord so used to it now.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoog View Post
Quote:
If you can find something I would really appreciated, cause sound sucks with bass, Had that sub on my 03 accord so used to it now.
Okay here is the info I have. If the resolution is dropped too much by the forums then feel free to send me a private message with your telephone number and I'll text the pictures to you. I still think the safest way to hook your sub until more info is out there is to slave it off the bass speaker wires and set your amp to proper frequencies and volume you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181222_123854_1545506749818.jpg (115.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20181222_123913_1545506766270.jpg (73.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20181222_123904_1545506778269.jpg (110.5 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in