Where to put Microphone for a radio? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Where to put Microphone for a radio?

Hey All,

I've got a 2010 LX that I'm going to put a Sony XAV-AX5000 into, but I'm not sure where to run the microphone wire.

In my previous car, a 2000 Accord, I ran the wire in the area where my 2010 Insight has a curtain airbag. Is it safe to remove the cover to those? I was looking in the service manual and it looks like you have to break a clip to get that out, which doesn't sound appealing. Plus I don't want to do anything that could hinder operation of the airbag.

So... where has anyone else put their mic wire?
jrronimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Our Insight came with bluetooth, but on my older Honda I did what the Kenwood manual suggested and put it in the steering column below the speedo.
egads is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought about putting it there...

I ended up just pulling on things and seeing where I could run cables on Saturday... so here's how I ran my wire. I put it in the top left above the airbag curtain like I was intending, but was able to run the wire behind the airbag. The mic wire is thin enough that I think (well, hope) it'd just snap if the bags deployed. It's fairly easy to run it under the driver's door weather stripping. Hopefully this helps someone else!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190316_184708.jpg (68.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190316_184924.jpg (86.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190316_185029.jpg (100.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190316_192559.jpg (173.5 KB, 3 views)
jrronimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in