New Insight 2014 lx owner - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking New Insight 2014 lx owner

Hey all,

Just joined and got my new white baby almost two week ago. So far I am getting 48-51mpg and I have 310miles on it that's with very little a/c use eco on and windows up at all times. I do short 6 mile drives to work one way and always give my car 1-2 minute warm up. Loving the mpg's.

I wanted to know if anyone out there knows where to get seat covers for the front and back, I prefer a darker color. Also I will need to get the cargo mat and cover for the trunk. My interior color is (light) grey but as far as the seat covers go I would really prefer black to match with the dash.

If you guys can think of anything else you can recommend for me (battery/oils/tires...) even off topic from this I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any advice!
Us2tohell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Welcome aboard.

Ebay is a good place to find the parts from Honda dealers across the country selling at a discount. The seat covers, you want something for ten bucks like from the auto section of your local store or something nice and leather?

Classio sells custom leather and neoprene seat covers in various colors for our cars. Bean allows a range of customer designs where as the ebay sellers are preselected. Clazzio Seat Covers Products - Bean Garage

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I got my cargo tray from Bernardi Honda, 76.99 plus shipping. Shipping to NJ is around $15.00. If you order a few more items it makes the shipping cost a bit more cost effective.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Departm...rgo-Trays.aspx

1/26/13 87 miles delivery
5/25/13 10,000 miles
9/26/13 20,000 miles
2/21/14 30,000 miles
7/10/14 40,000 miles
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey Cobb

Thanks for the info, I hate leather seats otherwise that would be perfect as I am looking for cloth seat covers that will have a nice look to them and sit tight around seats How did the U1 battery work out for you? I want to try one out but no reason as my car is brand new. However maybe in a couple of years I will make the switch to one of those batteries. Also I would at some point like to get a backup camera which would mean I would have to change the head unit, any recommendations?

Last edited by Us2tohell; 04-20-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Seat covers on Juicedhybrid.com look somewhat reasonable but they only offer Leatherette or Neoprene. Enter the year, make and model, then look under interior accessories and then seat covers.

Keep in mind that generic seat covers may interfere with seat airbag deployment. You want to be sure that they are compatible with your Insight seats. I'm thinking about ordering a set of neoprene seat covers, not cheap, but not nearly as expensive as others I've looked at on other sites. Neoprene is a lot better at keeping the seats clean and dry compared with cloth.

For parts, Majestic Honda may be less expensive for shipping along the east coast. Majestic is in Connecticut. I've found their on line prices are competitive.

Also check WeatherTech and Husky Liner for cargo trays. I purchased the set of Husky Liner Weather Beater floor and tray liners for my Insight. They fit great. To look at them on line at Husky, you have to enter 2011, to get Insight on the list of choices for some reason.

Nice car, great color choice!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Foresight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome! I'm also from The Garden State.

I ordered from Bernardi via Amazon. The rubber floor mats from Honda clip right in on the driver side. Nice. The back tray is a perfect fit and says "Insight" as does the front mats. Real Honda red tags and all.

I had the other kind of rubber all weather floor mats and they were easy to kick around getting in/out. The back mat was thicker but the set also was heavy. Better suited to a truck.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Factory-Season-Floormats-complete/dp/B002DW0454/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Honda%7C59&Model=Insight%7C927&Year=2013%7C2013&carId=009&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleType=5
BackStreet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wet Okole custom makes neoprene seat covers in many color combinations with piping or graphics.

Honda Seat Cover Gallery

Years from now when you take them off, there will be "brand new" seats underneath.

Last edited by BackStreet; 04-21-2014 at 07:43 PM.
BackStreet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Honda floor mats and cargo mats are very nice, but the Huskies cover a little more and don't slide around at all. Heard the WeatherTech mats tend to slip a little, so didn't go with them this time.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Foresight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Talking

Thanks everyone for all the information, I have went ahead and bought oem Honda floor mats and cargo mat for the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in